Kedarkantha is one of the best winter Treks in India. From the summit, one can experience the 360-degree views of famous 13 peaks of Himalayan Range.
The snow clapped trekking trails and the buckets of snow at the base of the pine trees are a fascinating beauty to savor and which remains only available during the winter days.
In fact for the locals, the winter months are a time for rejoice and they enjoy with a number of festivals during this time.
However, it is better to avoid the monsoon time for trekking on the trail.
Distance & Driving Time from Dehradun: 220 km, 10 hours.
Maximum Altitude: 3,800 metres, 12,500 feet
Temp: -7°C to 12°C
Best Time: December end to March end.
Hike: Difficulty level is Easy to Moderate.
Trek Distance: Approx 20 km.
Duration: 5 Nights, 6 Days.
go site Day 1: Dehradun Railway Station to Sankri (Drive- 220 km, 10 Hours).
On arrival, getting into rooms for nights stay. Followed by dinner.
can i buy gabapentin online Day 2: Sankri to Juda-ka-Talab 5 Hours trek.
After Breakfast, Group will proceed for the trek to Juda-ka-Talab. The Trail passes through dense pine forests, maple trees, few streams and finally, opens out to a beautiful meadow.
On the way, one can spot Himalayan Langur’s, boars, martens, and hares.
Day 3: Juda-ka-Talab to Kedarkantha Base. 3 Hours Trek.
Morning photography with light warm-up session, post breakfast, group will move through pine & oak forest. Just before reaching Base Camp one can enjoy the stunning views of snow-capped Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag and Ranglana standing out proudly showcasing their beauty.
Getting into tents with hot Tea & snacks.
Day 4: Base to Kedarkantha Summit; descend to Base Camp. 8 Hours.
Today is the day for the summit. we will start early in the morning so we can witness the sunset from the summit and spend some time there.
After the group photo, group will descend to the base camp.
Day 5: Base Camp to Sankri. 5-6 Hours.
Today the schedule is listed for descending further to Sankri.
Day 6: Departure Day (Sankri to Dehradun, Drive – 220 km, 10 Hours)
Proceed back to the home destination with wonderful memories.
11 February 2018 – 5 Nights, 6 Days Trip.
25 February 2018 – 5 Nights, 6 Days Trip.
INR 6, 799 Per Person (Sakri to Sankri)
INR 8, 599 Per Person (Dehradun to Dehradun)
Special discount available for big groups.
Note: Minimum 5 persons required to operate this trek.
– Accommodation: 4 Nights stay in neat & clean Rooms & Tents.
– Healthy and nutritious food during itinerary (Day – 1 Dinner to Day – 6 Breakfast).
– All necessary Forest, Camping, Trekking Permits & Entry Fees.
– Camping & Trekking Equipment like Tents, Sleeping Bag, Crampons, Gaiters for comfortably walk on snow.
– Services of Certified & Experienced Trek leader, Porter & Supporting Staff.
– First Aid Kit.
– Video of Trip.
– GST as per Govt Notifications.
– Any services not mentioned in inclusions.
– The cost of any Rescue, Evacuation, Hospitalization, etc.
– Personal expenses of any kind like Charges for Hot Water, Mineral Water, Soda, other beverages or drinks.
– Any Meal, Snacks during Land Transfer.
– Any Insurance, Porter, Mule.
Things to Carry:
1. The Wind & Waterproof Jacket-1.
2. Pullover/ Sweatshirt-2, Collared Full Sleeve T-Shirt (Lightweight)-2.
3. Warmer/ Thermal-2 (Upper & Lower).
4. Woolen Cap-1, Neck-Warmer-1, Gloves-1, Cotton Socks-4, Woolen Socks-2.
5. Poncho/ Rain suit (Mandatory)
6. Floater/ Chappal, Good Pair of Hiking Shoes (Waterproof during Monsoon & Snow Season).
7. Cold Cream, Sunscreen Lotion, Lip Balm/ Lip Guard.
8. Personal Medicines, Inhalers (if any suffer from asthma).
9. Water Bottle – 2(Mandatory).
10. Head Lamp or Torch/ Flashlight with a fresh pair of Batteries (Mandatory).
11. Solar Charger/ Power Bank to charge Mobile and Digi Camera.
12. Personal Toilet Kit and Toilet Paper.
13. Sun Cap/ Hat, Early-Dry Towel.
14. Sunglasses (Mandatory).
15. Trekking/ Hiking Pant/ Short-2 (Mandatory).
16. Camera with charged Batteries (to capture memories).
17. Hiking/ Trekking Pole(Mandatory).
18. Backpack (Min 55 Ltrs) with rain cover.
19. Daypack (min 15 Ltrs).
20. Cutlery: Carry a spoon, coffee mug, and a lunch box for hygiene reasons.
21. Some Energy Bars (Chocolates, Candy), Biscuits, Energy Drink/ Juice.
22. Mandatory Documents: Please carry the Original & Photocopy of Govt. Photo Identity Card (Driving License, Voters Card, Adhar Card, Passport), Medical Certificate from any Registered Practitioner (MBBS).
– and most important the Adventure Spirit.
Note: Trekker has to carry his/her backpack by own if someone wants a Porter kindly inform in advance so we can arrange. Porter charges extra.
How to Reach:
Route: Delhi – Dehradun – Naugaon – Purola – Mori – Naitwar – Sankri
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun. There is a daily flight from Delhi to Dehradun
Nearest Railhead: Dehradun Railway Station, Uttrakhand
There is regular bus service from Delhi to Dehradun, from Delhi’s ISBT Kashmere Gate. We would suggest you to take only government buses from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Private buses ply from outside ISBT and they are not trustworthy.
If you want to get to the Sankri by yourself
Take a bus headed towards Sankri from Dehradun – Naitwar is on the way. It leaves at 6.00am from Dehradun Railway station. Be there by 5:30 am to get a seat.
– Booking Amount & taxes are not refunded in any case.
– Within 10 days of Arrival Date/ No Show: No Refund.
– 15 to 30 Days prior to Arrival: 50% of the total package cost.
General Term and Conditions:
– Booking Confirmation is subject to receipt of Full Advance Amount & E-mail from HRI.
– All the Rates mentioned are valid for Indian Nationals Only.
– Consumption of Alcohol or any banned substance is prohibited during the trip.
– Tariff for Foreign Nationals/NRI’s is on request.
– Check-In Timings: 1 pm and Check Out Timings: 11 am (for accommodations).
– If arrival time is not mentioned, the reservations will be released at 6 pm.
– The Applicable Tariff, Packages are subject to change without prior intimation.
– Taxes extra as per Government notification.
– HRI not responsible for any kind of accident or injury to anyone so please trek carefully.
– In the case of non-availability of the rooms at our respective hotels for reasons, The Hotel would be arranging alternative/ similar accommodation.
– All jurisdictions are subject to Chandigarh only.
– Confirmation is subject to force majeure clause.
Package ID: HRI-A109.
1) Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
2) Pay heed to the trip leader in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
3) Do not consume Alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trip.
4) Avoid trek during the nights, bad weather conditions.
5) Before undertaking the trip must consult a physician.
6) Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trip.
7) HRI is not responsible for any accident, damage or anything like that is person’s own responsibility.
8) The Trip takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 15 business days.
ATM Point and Mobile connectivity
Dehradun is the places where you will find an ATM in case you need to withdraw money but HRI advice you to carry enough cash from your home destination according to your needs.
Only BSNL works at Sankri. Please inform anxious family members in advance about poor connectivity during the tour.
For more details, kindly feel free to contact us.
Team Heaven Riders India
What’s App/Call +91 73800 87934