from 2 reviews
-8 to 20°C
Brahmatal Trek is a scenic trail located in the Garhwal Himalayas. It has mythological importance where Lord Brahma is said to have meditated. The best time to do the Brahmatal trek is in winter. Brahmatal Trek is a great winter trekking option and it lies on the opposite side of the famous Roopkund. One will get to witness the spectacular views of the Himalayan range.
The prominent peaks that are visible are Mt. Trishul, Mt Nanda Ghunti, Mt. Chaukhamba, Nilkanth, Kamet, Hathi, and Ghoda peaks. Most of the trail of the Roopkund trek can also be seen from this trek, including views of Ali Bugyal, Bedni Bugyal & Junargali. The trek isn't that famous hence it is very untouched and serene. The walk will be mostly through the jungles of Conifer, Cedar Oak and fir.
The journey begins and ends in Rishikesh, which is known as the Yoga capital of the world. You can opt for Rafting, Bungee Jumping, and Paragliding at Rishikesh.
Brahmatal trek is a mesmerizing a forest trek. There are oak trees, alpine forests and rhododendron forests which are a treat to the eyes. As you get closer to the Brahmatal top, to your right rises the massive Mt Trishul and to your left stands Mt Nanda Ghunti. You even see the Ronti Saddle, the ridge that connects Mt Trishul and Mt Nanda Ghunti!
The trek has a grand trail. The settings of the trek is unique of the geography. To the right, you will see the Roopkund trek and layers of mountain ranges. It is very difficult to get such magnificent views of big mountains like this. No other trek will provide such bewildering views, Brahmatal tops the chart in this case.
What makes Brahmatal classic because of the lovely campsites, two frozen lakes, the astounding
Garhwal Himalayas and the undulating snowy fields of Brahmatal.
Lohajung is the base village and trek starting point. Lohajung is 250km from Rishikesh. Rishikesh is well connected to all major cities of the country.
Nearest Airport: Joly Grant Airport, Dehradun is the nearest airport. Which is 20km from Rishikesh.
Nearest Railway Station: Rishikesh is the closest railway station.
Road Connectivity: Rishikesh is well connected with national capital Delhi through highway. Delhi is 251km from Rishikesh. Book a cab to reach Rishikesh or overnight Volvo is most convenient mode of travel to reach Rishikesh from Delhi.
Region: Garhwal Himalayas
Route: Via traditional route
Total Duration: 6 Days | 30 kms
Best Time: Dec-March
Last ATM: Dewal, better to withdraw from Rishikesh
Temperature: -8 to 20°C
Base Camp: Lohajung
Trip Begin/End: Rishikesh
Best for All Age Groups and First Timers
Lohajung Altitude: 7,700 feet
• Drive 250 km, 10 hours
• Trekkers will be picked from ISBT, Rishikesh at 5:45 am in a Bolero/Sumo/Tempo Traveler or a similar vehicle. These are best vehicles for the himalayan roads.
• 5:00 p.m. is the expected arrival time at base camp, Lohajung.
• Tea with Briefing/Orientation, check list
• Buy/Rent Personal gears
• overnight stay
Bekaltal Altitude: 9,600 feet
• Trek 6 km, 5-6 hours
• Initially moderate ascent, gradual through forest
• enjoy Maggie at Begam Top, The Maggie point
• enough water points enroute
• Hot lunch at campsite, hike to Bekaltal
• overnight stay in camps
Brahmatal Altitude: 10,450 feet
Jhandi Top: Highest point of today's trek
• Trek 6 km, 5-6 hours
• Initially steep ascent for 90 minutes, gradual through grasslands, steep ascent to Jhandi Top
• Best day of the day, best mountain views from Jhandi Top
• Mt Chaukhamba 23,419 feet, Mt. Trishul 23,360 feet, Mt Neelkanth 21,640 feet, Mt. Nandaghunti 20,699 feet & Ali-Bedni Bugyal
• No water enroute, 2 liters per person required
• Hot lunch at Brahmatal campsite
• walk to Brahmatal lake, 600 meters from campsite
• overnight stay in camps
Brahmatal Top: 12,250 feet
• Trek 7 km, 5-6 hours
• Initially steep ascent till top,
• Magnificent 180 degree views of famous peaks like Trishul, Chaukhambha, Mana, Neelkanth, Nanda Ghunti, Maitoli all the way to the Panchachuli ranges, lower one is Shivalik himalayan range
• No water enroute, carry 2 liters per person
• Enjoy Tea with packed lunch at Brahmatal Top
• descent to campsite, witness sunset from the campsite
• overnight stay in camps
Lohajung: 7,600 feet
• Trek 9 km, 6-7 hours
• steep ascent till Jhandi top, all descent till Lohajung
• one water-point, carry 2 liters per person
• packed lunch provided
• overnight stay in rooms
last day of Brahmatal Trek, drop to ISBT, Rishikesh will provided
• Drive 250km, 8 hours
• start early in the morning, breakfast
• drop at Rishikesh by 6pm. Schedule further bookings by 8pm with buffer time.
• Fly back home destination with lot's of sweet memories.
Please carry the Original & Photocopy of Govt. Photo Identity
Card (any of Driving License/Aadhar Card/Passport), Medical Certificate from any
Registered Practitioner (MBBS). Passport and visa required for Non-Indians.
Brahmatal trek is regarded as a moderate trek. The trail ascends to a height of over 12,250 feet. There is a constant altitude climb, from Sankri (6,800ft) to 12,500ft, which necessitates the use of very powerful lungs. The Kedarkantha trek necessitates a high level of cardiovascular fitness. And you might be wondering how to strengthen your lungs. To begin, go for a jog every day. Begin jogging slowly and gradually increase your speed. As a result, cardiovascular endurance exercises are highly vital for making your lungs stronger than before.
Remember to bring appropriate clothing, remain hydrated, and stay warm to properly acclimate.
We totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully.
In case of any unforeseen weather conditions, government restrictions, road blockage or any other unavoidable circumstances beyond our control, certain activities during the expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary.
In such instances, we will do our utmost to find an alternative activity or offer you with a voucher (in the case of event cancellation or rescheduling).
However, there would be no financial refund for the same. You will receive a full refund if the trip is cancelled by us due to a lack of a minimum number of individuals in the batch. Additionally, if you purchased trip insurance, rentals, off-loading, or other activities, you will not receive a refund. The booking cost is non-refundable in any case while using the partial payment mechanism.
All refunds will be sent to the same bank account or credit card account that was used to make the purchase. Within 10 working days, the refund amount will be completed. The amount of the refund will always be computed based on the net amount paid* for the event booking and the Base Price of the event. (excluding all additional services transport, rent, portage, etc.). Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking. For more info : Terms & Condition
Itineraries are based on information available at the time of planning and are subject to change. “Heaven Riders India” reserves the right to change expedition dates, people or itineraries as conditions warrant. If a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision, the cost of delays and/or other changes are the responsibility of the participant. HRI reserves the right to decline, or accept, any individual as a trip member for any reason whatsoever.
– STRICTLY NO LITTERING take belongings back
– Carry original and copy of valid ID
– Insurance is mandatory & it’s participants responsibility
– Participants should be 12+ years old with parents consent
– Leader’s decision is final, and will have to be followed by all the climbers
– Behave well with staff and respect locals, their beliefs & rituals
– consumption of alcohol and smoking is prohibited during Brahmatal trek
– Any tax/entry fee imposed by the Govt. budget, Administration, or new policy
– On Expeditions, at Base Camp, ration and equipment equally distributed among the climbers for load ferry
– All Gears will be UIAA Certified. Any loss/damage will be charged @1.5 times of actual value to cover up shipping and custom duties OR you can arrange by you
– No show and trek changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be Non-Refundable
– In case buffer/reserve day for summit attempt is utilized, an additional amount would be charged
– Our team reserves the right to change the plan/itinerary in case there is danger involved
– Any additional costs due to weather/unforeseen situations, cost of rescue will have to be borne by the trekker/you
– Carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t wish to carry it, you can give it to the porter, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay extra on the basis of per day per bag.
– Extreme Himalayan Trips require a good amount of physical fitness, stamina and endurance so prepare accordingly.
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund to be provided. Participant has to bear all the cost beyond.
For any further clarifications ask while bookings.
Best trek & unforgettable