Manimahesh Parikrama Trek is a scenic trek full of spirituality in Himachal Pradesh. It is a religious and sacred place for Hindu People. The lake is a high-altitude lake situated at 4,080 meters (13,390ft) very close to the Manimahesh Kailash Peak in the Pir Panjal Range of the Himalayas in Chamba District. Pilgrims across the country come to this lake to do the yatra.
Manimahesh lake is considered a very religious and pilgrimage trek is undertaken during the month of August/September corresponding to the month of Bhadon according to the Hindu Calendar on the eighth days of the New Moon Period. The pilgrim is also called Manimahesh Yatra.
There are many places on the way to Manimahesh that as Dhancho waterfall, Gaurikund. Gauri is the name given for Parvati, the wife of Lord Shiva. It was believed that Parvati used to take used to baths in this lake and only ladies are allowed. No one has ever been able to scale mount Manimahesh and it remains a mystery to human eyes.
Manimahesh Parikrama Trekking is a route that takes via the Kugti village and back to Gaurikund and Dhancho. This also covers the famous temples of Kartikeya Swami and Chaurasi temples. The trip starts and ends in Pathankot.
The nearest airport in Kangra is in Gaggal which is at a distance of 170-175 km & the nearest railway station is in Pathankot in Punjab. Amritsar airport is more connected to major cities of India. Bharmaur is well connected with Pathankot through the road.
We recommend you to land at IGI Airport, New Delhi and take a train to Pathankot Cantt. Railway Station and start your journey with Team Heaven Riders India by road to Bharmour. Bharmour is the town nearest to Manimahesh, where you can find proper accommodation for the night.
Best Time: July to September
Duration: 6 days, 5 nights
Max Altitude: 4,710 meters | 15,050 ft.
Pick/Drop: Pathankot Cantt. Railway Station
Age group: 15-50
Trek: 38 km | complete trek
• Altitude: Bharmour 7,000ft
• 6am: Piks up from Pathankot Cantt Railway Station
• 175 km | 7-8 hours' drive from Pathankot
• Route: Pathankot - Chamba - Bharmour
• Stay in rooms, Travel/Transportation, dinner included
Our team will welcome you at Pathankot in the morning. Before starting the journey for Manimahesh Parikrama Trek. The place is blessed with historical architecture. We will be exploring the historical town of Bharmour.
The Chaurasi temples are a pure class of Himalayan heritage. The tranquil town is famous for its 84 temples. You can also visit Bharmani Devi Temple. Enjoy the scenic views of Bharmour and nearby snow-clad mountains.
Dinner and overnight stay in rooms.
• Altitude: Kelang Vajir/Kartik Swami temple 10,958ft
• Drive to Kugti, 1 Hour
• Breakfast & Trek to Kartik Swami Temple
• 6 km trek one side, gradual ascent
• locally Kartik Swami known as Kelang Vajir
• Temple dedicated to son of Lord Shiva
• dinner & overnight stay ancient village Kugti
• Breakfast, Taxi, Lunch, Dinner, stay in Kugti, Trek Lead, Guide Included
Early morning transfer to Kugti village, start the trek with packed lunch from Kugti which acts as a passage to enter Lahaul. The trail is gradual and witnesses the beautiful landscapes of Lahaul, spend time and head back to Kugti. Overnight stay will be at Kugti.
Dinner and stay at Kugti homestay/camps.
• Altitude: Alyas Base Camp 3,850m
• Trek 10km, 6-7 hours
• 7am start trek, packed lunch
• enough water enroute, carry biscuits & rain suit
• Route: Kugti - Dalotu - Alyas
• Stay in camps, breakfast, lunch & dinner, Trek Lead, Guide Included
Follow trek leaders guidelines.
• Altitude: Jotnu Pass 4,710m
• Trek 12km, 7-8 hours
• 5am breakfast, start the trek early & packed lunch
• carry water at least two liters per person, no water source enroute
• Route: Alyas - Jotnu Pass - Kamal Kund - Manimahesh
• Stay in camps, breakfast, packed lunch, dinner, Trek Lead, Guide included
After a part over moraine, an evident trek in snow, though well-trodden. Be careful on the trail, steep ascent up to Jotnu Pass, descent to Kamal Kund. Overnight stay at Gauri Kund campsite.
• Altitude: Bharmour 7,000 ft/
• Trek 14km, 5-6 hours
• Visit Manimahesh lake
• Start trek at 8 am, breakfast & lunch enroute
• enough water enroute, carry rain suit
• 14 km drive to Bharmour takes 1 hour
• Be careful on slopes, descent got slippery after rain
• Stay in rooms, breakfast, lunch & dinner, Trek Lead, Guide included
Be careful while descending to Bharmour, path might be slippery.
• 6am Breakfast
• 6:30 am start drive to Pathankot
• Route: Bharmour - Chamba - Pathankot
• Breakfast, Taxi/Travel included
From Bharmour, taxi will drop you off by 4 pm at Pathankot Cantt Railway Station. Plan your further travel accordingly. Services ends here.
• Buffer Day or extra day is to deal with bad weather, rain, snowfall, road block, landslide etc. Buffer day is not included in the package. INR 3,000 per person to be paid online to Heaven Riders India.
Manimahesh Parikrama Trek is a trek with a moderate degree of difficulty. The hike reaches a height of over 15,050 feet above sea level. There is a significant altitude climb, which requires very strong lungs.
The Manimahesh Parikrama trek necessitates a high level of cardiovascular fitness. And you might be wondering how to strengthen your lungs. To begin, go for a jog every day. Begin jogging slowly and gradually increase your speed. As a result, cardiovascular endurance exercises are highly vital for making your lungs stronger than before.
Take proper rest and sleep before coming to Manimahesh Kailash Trek.
NO REFUND SHALL BE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE BOOKING AMOUNT FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS. HOWEVER, we totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully.
No cancellations will be taken over call or whats app msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
In case of government restrictions, bad weather, protests, landslides, road blockage, administrative ban, lockdown, strike or any other unforeseen circumstances which is beyond our control, certain activities during the trek/trip/expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary.
In such instances, we will do our utmost to find an alternative (in the case of event cancellation or rescheduling).
However, there would be no financial refund for the same. You will receive a full refund if the trip is cancelled by us due to a lack of a minimum number of individuals in the batch. Additionally, if you purchased trip insurance, rentals, off-loading, or other activities, you will not receive a refund. The booking amount is non-refundable in any case.
If a trek or trip or expedition cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances beyond our control (bad weather conditions like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, road block, ban, strike, bandh, etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/bad weather/unforeseen circumstances (rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, ban, road block, bandh, extra stay, food, transportation or taxi cost etc.), Will be borne by customer on the spot. Company will not be liable.
All refunds will be sent to the same bank account or credit card account or UPI that was used to make the purchase. Within 10 working days, the refund amount will be completed. The amount of the refund will always be computed based on the net amount paid for the event booking and the Base Price of the event. (Excluding all additional services transport, rent, porterage, etc.).
Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking. For more info: Terms & Condition
Itineraries are subject to change and are dependent on information available at the time of preparation. As conditions permit, “Heaven Riders India” retains the right to change expedition dates, people, or itinerary. The cost of delays and/or other changes is the responsibility of the participant if a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision. For any reason, HRI reserves the right to refuse or accept any individual as a tour member.
– STRICTLY NO LITTERING take belongings back.
– Carry original and copy of valid ID.
– Insurance is mandatory for all.
– Participants should be 15+ years old along with a parent & written consent.
– Leader’s decision is final, and will have to be followed by all the climbers
– Behave well with staff and respect the locals & also their beliefs & rituals
– consumption of alcohol and smoking is prohibited during the trip/expedition/trek.
– Any tax/entry fee imposed by the Govt. budget, Administration, or new policy.
– On Expeditions, at Base Camp, ration and equipment equally distributed among the climbers for load ferry.
– All Technical Gears will be UIAA Certified. Any loss/damage will be charged @1.5 times of actual value to cover up shipping and custom duties OR you can arrange by you
– No show and trek changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable in any case.
– In case extra day is utilized, an additional amount will be charged on the spot.
– Our team reserves the right to change the plan/itinerary in case there is danger involved.
– Any additional costs due to weather/unforeseen situations, cost of rescue will have to be borne by the climber/you.
– Carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t wish to carry it, you can give it to the porter, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay extra on the basis of per day per bag.
– Extreme Himalayan Trips, Treks and tours require a good amount of physical fitness, stamina and endurance so prepare accordingly.
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund to be provided. Participant has to bear all the costs beyond.
For any further clarifications ask while bookings