10 to -25°C
Spiti valley in winter trip starts from Shimla and ends at Shimla. It takes 9 days to complete it.
– Always carry a Valid ID card with you on this trip.
– Don’t throw garbage, no littering.
– Don’t carry expensive jewelry or valuables during travel.
– We reserve the right to change the itinerary as per safety protocols, local developments, road block or landslides & smooth operation of the trip.
• Board overnight semi-sleeper Volvo from Delhi at 09:00 PM and reach Shimla the next morning. This will be you first morning in the Kinnaur-Spiti Trip
• Arrive Shimla
• pick up 7am & drive to Sangla-Chitkul
• on the way sightseeing Fagu, Kufri, Narkanda, Karchham Dam
• check-in rooms
• dinner & overnight stay in hotel
Note: We'll stay in Sangla, if harsh weather doesn't allow us to stay in Chitkul.
• wake up with the best views
• breakfast and start the drive
• Explore the Chhitkul village
• 12noon: start drive to Kalpa
• On the way visit to Kamru Fort, Suicide point and 3000-year-old Kalpa Monastery
• dinner & stay in room
• breakfast, drive to Kaza
• on the way sightseeing Khab: the confluence point of Spiti River and Sutlej River
• Explore Nako Lake, Monastery and head back to our designated stays
• check-in, dinner & rest
• Breakfast and drive to Kaza
• Kaza: the headquarters of Spiti
• Tabo: oldest monastery of Spiti, 1,000 years
• Dhankar Monastery: must visit place
• check-in, dinner & rest
• Post breakfast, drive
• Kee Monastery: famous monastery of Spiti, locally known as Kye Gompa
• Chicham Bridge: Asia’s highest bridge
• Hikkim: world's highest post office
• Komic: highest village connected to motorable road
• Langza: the fossil village and Buddha statue that sits on top of a hill
• Dinner & overnight stay
• wake up & enjoy the tea with views
• breakfast and drive to Kalpa
• Kalpa: the famous village of Kinnaur
• check-in, followed by dinner
• overnight stay in Kalpa
• sunrise over Kinner Kailash range
• breakfast, drive to Shimla
• Drop at Volvo Pick up point, Shimla
• Board an overnight Volvo to Delhi
• Reach Delhi early in the morning and the group will disperse with fond memories.
• End of Spiti Road Trip.
Note: Book your return flight post 4pm from Delhi with good amount of buffer time.
Spiti valley is high altitude cold desert so you have to be with basic physical fitness. You can gain strength with basic workout & breathing sessions. Spiti road trip goes up to 15,000ft there’s altitude gain for that you need to have strong lungs. Also, your body needs to be active in such high-altitude weather.
Firstly, start by jogging 4-5 days a week. Start jogging at a slow pace and keep increasing day by day. This will make your lungs stronger than before hence cardiovascular endurance exercises are very important.
Don’t forget to carry proper clothing, drink liquid water, tea, coffee, etc to acclimatize, BSNL & Jio works at Kaza but is not trustworthy.
NO REFUND SHALL BE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE BOOKING AMOUNT FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS. HOWEVER, we totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully,
No cancellations will be taken over call or what’s app msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
In case of government restrictions, bad weather, protests, landslides, road blockage, administrative ban, lockdown, strike or any other unforeseen circumstances which is beyond our control, certain activities during the trek/trip/expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary.
In such instances, we will do our utmost to find an alternative (in the case of event cancellation or rescheduling).
However, there would be no financial refund for the same. You will receive a full refund if the trip is cancelled by us due to a lack of a minimum number of individuals in the batch. Additionally, if you purchased trip insurance, rentals, off-loading, or other activities, you will not receive a refund. The booking amount is non-refundable in any case.
If a trek or trip or expedition cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances beyond our control (bad weather conditions like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, road block, ban, strike, bandh, etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/bad weather/unforeseen circumstances (rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, ban, road block, bandh, extra stay, food, transportation or taxi cost etc.), Will be borne by customer on the spot. Company will not be liable.
All refunds will be sent to the same bank account or credit card account or UPI that was used to make the purchase. Within 10 working days, the refund amount will be completed. The amount of the refund will always be computed based on the net amount paid for the event booking and the Base Price of the event. (Excluding all additional services transport, rent, porterage, etc.).
Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking. For more info: Terms & Condition
Itineraries are based on information available at the time of planning and are subject to change. As conditions permit, “Heaven Riders India” reserves the right to change expedition dates, people or itineraries. The cost of delays and/or other changes is the responsibility of the participant if a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, strike, lockdown, bandh, landslide, snowfall, rain, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision. For any reason, Team HRI reserves the right to refuse or accept any individual as a tour member.
– STRICTLY NO LITTERING take belongings back.
– Everyone should be on time.
– Carry original and copy of valid ID.
– Insurance is mandatory & it’s participants responsibility.
– Participant should be 15+ years old along with a parent and written consent.
– Leader’s decision is final, and will have to be followed by all the participants.
– Behave well with staff and respect locals and their beliefs & rituals.
– Consumption of alcohol and smoking is prohibited during the Spiti Valley in winter trip.
– Any tax/entry fee imposed by the Govt. budget, Administration, or new policy to be borne by tourist/you/traveler.
– No show and trip changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be No Refund.
– Our team reserves the right to change the plan in case there is danger involved.
– Any additional costs due to weather/unforeseen situations, sudden night stay, vehicle break down, landslide, snowfall, rain, strike, sickness of tourist, cost of rescue will have to be borne by the traveler/Tourist/you.
– In any case, sightseeing or any location/destination not covered due to bad weather, less time, or any issue which is beyond our control no refund will be processed.
– Food will be on a buffet basis; extra beverages, food items like orders will be at the customer’s end.
– The traveler should be mentally tough to beat the extreme cold conditions.
– The traveler should carry their water bottle & he must take care to dispose of their garbage in dustbins only.
– Team HRI is not responsible for any mishap, due to weather conditions, natural disaster, any kind of accident, etc.
– We provide sanitized Transportation, follow Covid norms and provide hygienic Stay. Please ensure to bring sanitizers and masks along.
– Charges and trip plans could vary during bad weather conditions or if the tour is extended due to weather or some other mishappening.
– We are not responsible if the tour is extended or the itinerary is changed due to any kind of road blockage, landslide, snowfall, water floods, vehicle breakdown, etc. Extra costs to be borne by tourist/traveler.
– “Availability at hotels/stay” and “rates for this itinerary” are subject to change at the time of booking.
– We reserve the right to change the hotels, sightseeing or the route at any point in time. This is a rare case that happens only in the case of any maintenance work, availability issues, network issues, any natural calamity, road blockage due to landslide/snow or in any other case of a medical emergency.
– Air Conditioner/Heater/Blower in-cab will not be used in hilly/mountain areas.
– If you want to use the heater at a hotel/home stay/cab/vehicle extra charge will applicable.
– All Rates are Non-Negotiable.
– The travelers are responsible for carrying and taking care of their luggage from the vehicle lot to the Hotel/Campsite/Homestay.
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund would be provided. Participants have to bear all the costs beyond including travel, hospitalization, taxi, stay, rescue charges, etc.
– Hotels will be closed in Spiti valley during winter. Hence, we will accommodate you in cozy Homestays. At Kalpa, we will provide you with a hotel.
– The temperatures in Spiti Valley dip below to -25°C in winters. We advise you to buy suitable clothing and gear for winter. People of Spiti live in this place throughout the year without expensive warm wear so there is nothing to be afraid of.
– The homestays in Spiti valley will have dry compost toilets in winter.
– The above Package is Valid for Indian Nationals Only, who Having Valid Indian Photo Id Proof.
For any further clarifications ask while booking.