from 0 review
5°C to -30°C
The name “Spiti” means “The Middle Land” which corresponds to the land lying between Tibet and India. Spiti is a rugged high altitude valley where the air is much drier & thinner than other places, temperatures drop below -20 degrees centigrade at night but still remains the land to enchant you. You can also spot Himalayan Red fox, Blue Sheep, Ibex & if Lucky enough a Snow Leopard can also be spotted during the expedition. Therefore, a Spiti Winter Expedition is an endless thrill.
Spiti valley is accessible both via Manali and Shimla but the route through Manali closed in winters due to heavy snow on Kunzum pass route but the route via Shimla – Kinnaur remains operational. Spiti Winter Expedition increased the stakes of spicing it with a SUV & 4WD vehicle.
* Start early in the morning
* Meet & Greet the team and fellow travelers
* kick start the adventurous Winter Spiti Expedition
* Route: Chandigarh - Shimla - Kufri - Narkanda - Rampur
* stop at Kufri & Narkanda to explore
* Check-in and dinner
* overnight stay in hotel
* Route: Rampur - Tapri - Sangla - Chitkul
* on the way sightseeing, Explore Chitkul
* visit famous Hindustan ka Akhri Dhaba at Chitkul
* Check-in hotel and dinner
* overnight stay in hotel
* wake & breakfast
* drive to Nako, on the way sightseeing
* stop at confluence point of Spiti & satluj rivers; Khab
* Nako is a small himalayan village
* witness sunset over mountains
* dinner & overnight stay in home stay
* breakfast and start the day
* Geu: visit to Geu Monastery, see mummy of monk
* Tabo Monastery: UNESCO world heritage site & 1000 years old monastery
* Dhankar Gompa: capture picturesque views
* check-in home stay, dinner & overnight stay
* wake up with the sunrise
* lazy morning breakfast
* start the drive with the famous Key Monastery
* Places to visit - Key Monastery, Kibber and Chicham
* Explore the Kaza town in the evening by own
* dinner and overnight stay
* Picturesque Day
* post breakfast drive to high altitude villages of Kaza
* Hikkim: world's highest post office
* Komic: World's Highest Village connected via Motorable road
* Langza: The Fossil Village
* tremendous views of Chau Chau Kang Nelda Park
* Buddha Statue at Langza
* dinner and overnight stay at Kaza
* breakfast and proceed
* drive to Kalpa via Nako, Reckongpeo
* on the way sightseeing
* check-in, dinner
* Breakfast in the Morning
* start the drive to Chandigarh
* reach Chandigarh by evening
* Drop at Chandigarh by 10pm, services ends here
Itinerary: Our team of experts crafted all the itineraries very carefully so all the members can experience the best, acclimatize properly & refined from our experience of leading hundreds of trekkers.
Equipment: While operating tours in the Himalayas, HRI uses high quality equipment as per the standards. Everything is tested and certified.
Spiti is a high-altitude cold desert, you must have a baseline level of physical fitness. You can gain with basic workout & breathing sessions. Spiti Winter Expedition goes upto 15,000ft there’s altitude gain for that you need to have good lungs. Also your body needs to be active in such high altitude weather. Please take the doctor’s advice into consideration. Bring proper woolen clothing & essentials as mentioned in the things to carry list.
Firstly, Begin jogging slowly and gradually increase your speed. As a result, cardiovascular endurance exercises are highly vital for making your lungs stronger than before.
Don’t forget to carry proper clothing, drink liquid water, tea, coffee etc to acclimatize, BSNL & Jio works at Kaza but not trustworthy.
We totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully.
No cancellations will be taken over phone calls or WhatsApp messages. Please reply to the email thread with the confirmation.
In case of any unforeseen weather conditions, government restrictions, road blockage or any other unavoidable circumstances beyond our control, certain activities during the expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary, NO REFUND.
In such cases, we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity or a voucher will be handed over (in case of cancellation by us or rescheduling of event) to you.
However no cash/online refund will be provided for the same. In case the trip is cancelled by us for lack of a minimum number of people in the batch, you will get a full refund. Also, if you have opted for insurance, rentals, off-loading & other activities or ad-ons the amount will not be refunded.
In the partial payment system, the booking amount is Non-Refundable in any case.
All refunds will be processed back to the same bank account or the credit card/UPI account from which the amount has been paid. The amount for refund will be processed within 10 working days. Refund amount would always be calculated based on the net amount paid* for booking of the event & the Base Price of the event (excluding all additional services transport, rent, portage, etc.). Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking.
For more info : Terms & Condition
Itineraries are based on information available at the time of planning and are subject to change. “Heaven Riders India” reserves the right to change expedition dates, people or itineraries as conditions warrant. If a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision, the cost of delays and/or other changes are the responsibility of the participant. HRI reserves the right to decline, or accept, any individual as a trip member for any reason whatsoever.
– Everyone should be on time
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund would be provided. Participants have to bear all the costs beyond.
For any further clarifications ask while booking.
Leave a Reply