5°C to -30°C
The name “Spiti” means “The Middle Land” which corresponds to the land lying between Tibet and India. Spiti is a rugged high-altitude valley where the air is much drier & thinner than other places, temperatures drop below -20 degrees centigrade at night but still remains the land to enchant you. You can also spot Himalayan Red fox, Blue Sheep, Ibex & if Lucky enough a Snow Leopard can also be spotted during the expedition. Therefore, a Spiti Winter Expedition is an endless thrill.
Spiti valley is accessible both via Manali and Shimla but the route through Manali closed in winters due to heavy snow on Kunzum pass route but the route via Shimla – Kinnaur remains operational. Spiti Winter Expedition increased the stakes of spicing it with a SUV & 4Wheel Drive vehicle.
* Start early in the morning
* Meet & Greet the team and fellow travelers
* kick start the adventurous Winter Spiti Expedition
* Route: Chandigarh - Shimla - Kufri - Narkanda - Rampur
* stop at Kufri & Narkanda to explore
* Check-in and dinner
* overnight stay in hotel
* Route: Rampur - Tapri - Sangla - Chitkul
* on the way sightseeing, Explore Chitkul
* visit famous Hindustan ka Akhri Dhaba at Chitkul
* Check-in hotel and dinner
* overnight stay in hotel
* wake & breakfast
* drive to Nako, on the way sightseeing
* stop at confluence point of Spiti & satluj rivers; Khab
* Nako is a small himalayan village
* witness sunset over mountains
* dinner & overnight stay in home stay
* breakfast and start the day
* Geu: visit to Geu Monastery, see mummy of monk
* Tabo Monastery: UNESCO world heritage site & 1000 years old monastery
* Dhankar Gompa: capture picturesque views
* check-in home stay, dinner & overnight stay
* Wake up with the sunrise
* Lazy morning breakfast
* Start the drive with the famous Key Monastery
* Places to visit - Key Monastery, Kibber and Chicham
* Explore the Kaza town in the evening by own
* Dinner and overnight stay
* Picturesque Day
* post breakfast drive to high altitude villages of Kaza
* Hikkim: world's highest post office
* Komic: World's Highest Village connected via Motorable road
* Langza: The Fossil Village
* tremendous views of Chau Chau Kang Nelda Park
* Buddha Statue at Langza
* dinner and overnight stay at Kaza
* breakfast and proceed
* drive to Kalpa via Nako, Reckongpeo
* on the way sightseeing
* check-in, dinner
* Breakfast in the Morning
* Start the drive to Chandigarh
* Reach Chandigarh by evening
* Drop at Chandigarh by 10pm, services end here
Buffer or Extra Day to Deal bad weather, landslides, road blocks, etc. Buffer day is not included in the package if utilized INR 4,000 per person per day pay on the spot.
Spiti is a high-altitude cold desert, you must have a baseline level of physical fitness. You can gain strength with basic workout & breathing sessions. Spiti Winter Expedition goes up to 15,000ft there’s altitude gain for that you need to have good lungs. Also, your body needs to be active in such high-altitude weather. Please take the doctor’s advice into consideration. Bring proper woolen clothing & essentials as mentioned in the things to carry list.
Firstly ,beginin jogging slowly and gradually increase your speed. As a result, cardiovascular endurance exercises are highly vital for making your lungs stronger than before.
Don’t forget to carry proper clothing, drink liquid water, tea, coffee etc to acclimatize, BSNL, JIO works at Kaza but not trustworthy.
NO REFUND SHALL BE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE BOOKING AMOUNT FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS. HOWEVER, we totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully,
No cancellations will be taken over call or what’s app msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
In case of government restrictions, bad weather, protests, landslides, road blockage, administrative ban, lockdown, strike or any other unforeseen circumstances which is beyond our control, certain activities during the trek/trip/expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary.
In such instances, we will do our utmost to find an alternative (in the case of event cancellation or rescheduling).
However, there would be no financial refund for the same. You will receive a full refund if the trip is cancelled by us due to a lack of a minimum number of individuals in the batch. Additionally, if you purchased trip insurance, rentals, off-loading, or other activities, you will not receive a refund. The booking amount is non-refundable in any case.
If a trek or trip or expedition cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances beyond our control (bad weather conditions like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, road block, ban, strike, bandh, etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/bad weather/unforeseen circumstances (rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, ban, road block, bandh, extra stay, food, transportation or taxi cost etc.), Will be borne by customer on the spot. Company will not be liable.
All refunds will be sent to the same bank account or credit card account or UPI that was used to make the purchase. Within 10 working days, the refund amount will be completed. The amount of the refund will always be computed based on the net amount paid for the event booking and the Base Price of the event. (Excluding all additional services transport, rent, porterage, etc.).
Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking. For more info: Terms & Condition
Itineraries are based on information available at the time of planning and are subject to change. As conditions permit, “Heaven Riders India” reserves the right to change expedition dates, people or itineraries. The cost of delays and/or other changes is the responsibility of the participant if a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, strike, lockdown, bandh, landslide, snowfall, rain, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision. For any reason, Team HRI reserves the right to refuse or accept any individual as a tour member.
– STRICTLY NO LITTERING take belongings back.
– Everyone should be on time.
– Carry original and copy of valid ID.
– Insurance is mandatory & it’s participants responsibility.
– Participant should be 15+ years old along with a parent and written consent.
– Leader’s decision is final, and will have to be followed by all the participants.
– Behave well with staff and respect locals and their beliefs & rituals.
– Consumption of alcohol and smoking is prohibited during the Spiti Valley in winter trip.
– Any tax/entry fee imposed by the Govt. budget, Administration, or new policy to be borne by tourist/you/traveler.
– No show and trip changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be No Refund.
– Our team reserves the right to change the plan in case there is danger involved.
– Any additional costs due to weather/unforeseen situations, sudden night stay, vehicle break down, landslide, snowfall, rain, strike, sickness of tourist, cost of rescue will have to be borne by the traveler/Tourist/you.
– In any case, sightseeing or any location/destination not covered due to bad weather, less time, or any issue which is beyond our control no refund will be processed.
– Food will be on a buffet basis; extra beverages, food items like orders will be at the customer’s end.
– The traveler should be mentally tough to beat the extreme cold conditions.
– The traveler should carry their water bottle & he must take care to dispose of their garbage in dustbins only.
– Team HRI is not responsible for any mishap, due to weather conditions, natural disaster, any kind of accident, etc.
– We provide sanitized Transportation, follow Covid norms and provide hygienic Stay. Please ensure to bring sanitizers and masks along.
– Charges and trip plans could vary during bad weather conditions or if the tour is extended due to weather or some other mishappening.
– We are not responsible if the tour is extended or the itinerary is changed due to any kind of road blockage, landslide, snowfall, water floods, vehicle breakdown, etc. Extra costs to be borne by tourist/traveler.
– “Availability at hotels/stay” and “rates for this itinerary” are subject to change at the time of booking.
– We reserve the right to change the hotels, sightseeing or the route at any point in time. This is a rare case that happens only in the case of any maintenance work, availability issues, network issues, any natural calamity, road blockage due to landslide/snow or in any other case of a medical emergency.
– Air Conditioner/Heater/Blower in-cab will not be used in hilly/mountain areas.
– If you want to use the heater at a hotel/home stay/cab/vehicle extra charge will applicable.
– All Rates are Non-Negotiable.
– The travelers are responsible for carrying and taking care of their luggage from the vehicle lot to the Hotel/Campsite/Homestay.
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund would be provided. Participants have to bear all the costs beyond including travel, hospitalization, taxi, stay, rescue charges, etc.
– Hotels will be closed in Spiti valley during winter. Hence, we will accommodate you in cozy Homestays. At Kalpa, we will provide you with a hotel.
– The temperatures in Spiti Valley dip below to -25°C in winters. We advise you to buy suitable clothing and gear for winter. People of Spiti live in this place throughout the year without expensive warm wear so there is nothing to be afraid of.
– The homestays in Spiti valley will have dry compost toilets in winter.
– The above Package is Valid for Indian Nationals Only, who Having Valid Indian Photo Id Proof.
For any further clarifications ask while booking.