-10 to 25°C
June to October
Group Departure Dates 2024
Pick up: Mall Road, Manali
Yunam Peak lies in Zanskar range within Trans Himalayas and to the north of Great Himalaya and south of Ladakh range. What this means is, from the summit you can see a vast stretch of Lahaul and Spiti area including Chandra-Bhaga (CB peaks) and Mulkila range peaks facing south – south west and Zanskar range peaks to your east, north east.
Manali is a famous tourist destination & hub of adventure sports in India. This Himalayan town is situated 2,000 meters above sea level on the banks of Beas River. Manali is a gateway to Lahaul and Spiti as well as Leh-Ladakh. Yunam Peak Expedition levels up your adrenaline rush.
Nearest Railway Station: There is no close rail-head available close to Manali. The nearest broad-gauge rail-heads are at Kiratpur Sahib 268 km, Kalka 275 km, Chandigarh 310 km.
Region: Lahaul, Himachal Pradesh
Route: via traditional route
Duration: 7 Days
Hike: 25 km approx.
Altitude: 6,111 m | 20,100 Ft.
Best Time: June to Sept
Trip Begin: Manali.
Trip End: Manali.
ATM: Manali & Jispa
What’s App/Call +91 73800 87934 or write to us at [email protected]
* 10 am | briefing/orientation about Expedition, check list
* Shop/Rent essentials at Manali
* 12 noon, Drive 95 km, 4-5 hours
* Check-in & rest. Phone network available
* Drive 90 km, 5 hours, via Baralacha La 4850 m
* spend one hour at Baralacha with a height gain hike
* arrive by afternoon, establish camp
* Practice Mountaineering techniques like ascend and descend techniques, gear up, rope fixing & rope up, team arrest & self arrest.
* overnight stay at camps
* post breakfast, acclimatization
* difficult for inexperienced trekkers
* load ferry to summit camp
* Drink good amount of water, keep body hydrate
* work high sleep low
IMP: Traveling from lower altitude to a high altitude may cause problems like headaches, loss of appetite & nausea until your body acclimatizes to the changed environmental conditions. Keeping this in mind, this day of the Yunam Peak Expedition is reserved to get used to the weather conditions at this high altitude. Sitting and sleeping in the camp is not advisable.
* start early and establish summit camp
* 5 km, 5 hours, establish camps
* relaxing & sleeping during daytime is not advisable
* overnight stay at camps
* wake at 1 am, breakfast and start by 2 am.
* Moraines & sharp rocks, snow patches and a snow wall with a steep ascent
* 6 km trek, 7-8 hrs. | 2-3 liters of water per climber
* view from the top is jaw-dropping
* Pinnacles of CB - Chandra-Bhaga Range and Mulkila Range
* back to Camp and rest
Note: Leader will decide by analyze weather and other situation
* final day of the Yunam Peak Expedition
* 5 km trek, 2 hrs, drive to Manali, 175 km 7-8 hr
* reach Manali by 6 pm, drop at Volvo Stand Manali
* Plan your further travel after 8 pm
* Buffer day to be used in case of bad weather in the mountain only
– Please take care of your belongings, we are not responsible for any loss/damage.
– Trekker has to carry his/her backpack by own if someone requires a off-loading or personal porter, ask while bookings so we can arrange accordingly. Charges extra.
Yunam Peak Expedition is trekking peak so you have to be with good physical fitness. It requires high altitude trekking experience up to 4200 meters. You can improve your physical fitness with workouts & breathing sessions. This expedition goes up to 6,111M there’s altitude gain for that you need to have strong lungs. Also, your body needs to be active in such high-altitude weather.
Firstly, start by jogging 4-5 days a week. Start jogging at a slow pace and keep increasing day by day. This will make your lungs stronger than before hence cardiovascular endurance exercises are very important. Running, Cycling & strength building exercises will help you gain good physical fitness. Calculate your BMI
Don’t forget to carry proper clothing, keep hydrated, stay warm to acclimatize properly.
NO REFUND SHALL BE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE BOOKING AMOUNT FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS. HOWEVER, we totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully,
No cancellations will be taken over call or what’s app msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
In case of government restrictions, bad weather, protests, landslides, road blockage, administrative ban, lockdown, strike or any other unforeseen circumstances which is beyond our control, certain activities during the trek/trip/expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary.
In such instances, we will do our utmost to find an alternative (in the case of event cancellation or rescheduling).
However, there would be no financial refund for the same. You will receive a full refund if the trip is cancelled by us due to a lack of a minimum number of individuals in the batch. Additionally, if you purchased trip insurance, rentals, off-loading, or other activities, you will not receive a refund. The booking amount is non-refundable in any case.
If a trek or trip or expedition cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances beyond our control (bad weather conditions like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, road block, ban, strike, bandh, etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/bad weather/unforeseen circumstances (rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, ban, road block, bandh, extra stay, food, transportation or taxi cost etc.), Will be borne by customer on the spot. Company will not be liable.
All refunds will be sent to the same bank account or credit card account or UPI that was used to make the purchase. Within 10 working days, the refund amount will be completed. The amount of the refund will always be computed based on the net amount paid for the event booking and the Base Price of the event. (Excluding all additional services transport, rent, porterage, etc.).
Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking. For more info: Terms & Condition
Itineraries are based on information available at the time of planning and are subject to change. As conditions permit, “Heaven Riders India” reserves the right to change expedition dates, people or itineraries. . The cost of delays and/or other changes is the responsibility of the participant if a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, strike, lockdown, bandh, landslide, snowfall, rain, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision. For any reason, Team HRI reserves the right to refuse or accept any individual as a tour member.
– Everyone should be on time.
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund would be provided. Participants have to bear all the costs beyond including travel, hospitalization, taxi, stay, rescue charges, etc.
For any further clarifications ask while booking.