-10 to 25°C
It is the most dominating peak of the entire Bandarpoonch massif. Providing a gradual climb from the Southern side eventually leading to a very steep summit climb with a near 70-degree incline and a 75 feet ice wall, the climb to the summit of Black Peak is challenging and technical. Prior high altitude trekking experience and knowledge of mountaineering techniques roping up, jumaring, ice axe, ascending, and descending is mandatory.
The route to the summit of Black Peak is crevassed and requires careful negotiations. Beyond the summit camp at 5500 meters, the route to its summit is very steep and requires good stamina, endurance, and technical skills. The course is exhilarating, with numerous obstacles along the way. The summit is attempted through a vertical ice wall of 80 degrees, an extremely technical and challenging part of the expedition. It is the trickiest part where one has to be super conscious while ascending or descending.
Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun is the nearest airport, which is well connected to Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Hyderabad. One can hire a taxi directly from Dehradun airport.
Nearest Railway Station: Dehradun railway station is well connected to major stations of India.
By Road: From Dehradun, one can hire a cab to reach Sankri or we can help to pre-arrange it for you. It takes about 9-10 hours to reach Sankri.
– Valid Govt. ID (Aadhar Card/Passport)
– Adventure Insurance (Up to 10 lakh), Passport Size Photo
– Medical Fitness Certificate by registered medical practitioner min. MBBS
– Previous Experience up to 52000m like Friendship Peak, Rudragaira Peak, Kang yatse, Mentok Kangri, Yunam Peak, Kanamo Peak.
– Basic or Advance Mountaineering Course from a registered mountaineering institute under IMF.
– Passport, Valid Visa, IMF Fees, Peak Booking, LO Fees for foreign nationals.
* Pick up from Dehradun Railway Station 6 am
* Route: Dehradun - Mussoorie - Purola - Mori - Sankri
* Carry a copy of Valid ID proof and 2 passport size photographs. for foreign nationals , a copy of passport and visa mandatory
* Purchase or rent equipment at Sankri
* Shift to Jeep, Taluka 11 km off-road
* Briefing about Black Peak Expedition
* Stay on shared basis, dinner
* breakfast & brief
* trek to Osla 12 km, 6-7 hours
* Route: Taluka - Gangaad - Osla
* trek through forest of Chestnut, Walnut and Willows
* Osla is culturally rich and Himalayan village
* Duryodhana's temple, which is worshipped by the people
* breakfast, wind up the camps
* trek 11 km, 6-7 hours
* Route: Osla - Devsu Thach - Ruinsara lake
* a spectacular mountain route to the holy Ruinsara Lake
* views of the glittering Swargarohini peaks
* setting up camp and taking a tour around the lake
* breakfast with a view
* trek to base camp, 7km, 5km
* gradual incline, descend to BC
* surrounded by boulders and snow peaked mountain
* setup the camps
* trek to ABC, 4-5 hours
* establish Advance Base Camp
* Grassy Patch, River crossing, Ridge
* relocate all necessary equipment and luggage
* overnight stay
* Load Ferry, establish camp 1 and return
* route is tricky, crevasses enroute
* Swargarohini in the north, Bandarpoonch peaks in south
* establish summit camp, return to Camp 1
* Ascent is steep
* three hours, setting up the tents retire early
* rest for the left time
* hydrate properly and stay warm
* Start by 0200 hours
* hard snow making it easier to walk
* aiming to reach the summit in 5-7 hours.
* 75-100 feet vertical wall
* reach the flat summit, descend down to camp 1/ABC
If weather conditions doesn't allow summit attempt on Day 11 we will have another summit attempt day.
* Wind up the camps, move to our base camp
* Don't rush, be safe and follow instructions
* Celebrate your success & cherish the moments
* breakfast, wind up camps
* 5-6 hours trek to reach Osla
* route: BC - Ruinsara - Devsu Thach - Osla
* Trek to Taluka, 12 km, 5-6 hours
* Jeep transfer to Sankri, 11 km, off road
* Transfer to Dehradun, drop at railway station/ISBT
* departure to home destination with experience of a lifetime
* Services ends here
For Black Peak Expedition trekking, you have to be very good in terms of physical fitness. It requires a high-altitude trekking experience of up to 5000 meters. You can improve your physical fitness with workouts & breathing sessions. This expedition goes up to 6387m there’s sudden altitude gain for that you need to have strong lungs. Also, your body needs to be active in such high-altitude weather.
Begin by jogging 4-5 times each week. Begin jogging slowly and gradually increase your speed. As a result, cardiovascular endurance exercises are highly vital for making your lungs stronger than before. You can improve your physical fitness by running, cycling, and doing strength-building workouts. Calculate your BMI
Remember to bring appropriate clothing, remain hydrated, and stay warm to properly acclimate.
NO REFUND SHALL BE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE BOOKING AMOUNT FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS. HOWEVER, we totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully.
No cancellations will be taken over call or whats app msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
In case of government restrictions, bad weather, protests, landslides, road blockage, administrative ban, lockdown, strike or any other unforeseen circumstances which is beyond our control, certain activities during the trek/trip/expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary.
In such instances, we will do our utmost to find an alternative (in the case of event cancellation or rescheduling).
However, there would be no financial refund for the same. You will receive a full refund if the trip is cancelled by us due to a lack of a minimum number of individuals in the batch. Additionally, if you purchased trip insurance, rentals, off-loading, or other activities, you will not receive a refund. The booking amount is non-refundable in any case.
If a trek or trip or expedition cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances beyond our control (bad weather conditions like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, road block, ban, strike, bandh, etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/bad weather/unforeseen circumstances (rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, ban, road block, bandh, extra stay, food, transportation or taxi cost etc.), Will be beared by customer on the spot. Company will not be liable.
All refunds will be sent to the same bank account or credit card account or UPI that was used to make the purchase. Within 10 working days, the refund amount will be completed. The amount of the refund will always be computed based on the net amount paid for the event booking and the Base Price of the event. (Excluding all additional services transport, rent, porterage, etc.).
Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking. For more info: Terms & Condition
Itineraries are subject to change and are dependent on information available at the time of preparation. As conditions permit, “Heaven Riders India” retains the right to change expedition dates, people, or itinerary. The cost of delays and/or other changes is the responsibility of the participant if a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision. For any reason, HRI reserves the right to refuse or accept any individual as an Expedition member.
– STRICTLY NO LITTERING take belongings back
– Carry original and copy of valid ID
– Insurance is mandatory for all
– Please sleep well & rest before the expedition