from 0 review
-10 to 25°C
The Friendship Peak Expedition trek is the most popular summit among aspiring mountaineers and experienced high-altitude trekkers. Friendship Peak is located in Himachal Pradesh’s Pir Panjal range at an elevation of 5287 metres. Friendship Peak gives amazing panoramic views of the broader Himalayas from its summit.
On one side, Hanuman Tibba faces Friendship Peak, while on the other, Indrasan, Deo Tibba, Shitidhar, and the Seven Sisters face Hanuman Tibba. Climbing Friendship Peak does not necessitate any prior mountaineering training or experience, though it does necessitate the use of crampons and ropes at certain spots. To participate in this adventure, you must be physically fit and have prior high-altitude trekking experience.
Friendship Peak Expedition is a great option for Kanamo Peak and Stok Kangri. We’ll begin our journey at Dhundi and camp in Bakarthach. We next proceed to the advanced base camp known as ‘Lady Leg,’ where we will try the summit in full force.
Manali is a well-known tourist resort in India as well as a center for adventure sports. Beautiful Himalayan town on the banks of the Beas River, 2,000 meters above sea level. Manali serves as a gateway to both Lahaul and Spiti and Leh-Ladakh. Your adrenaline surge will be amplified by the friendship peak trek.
Nearest Airport: The nearest airport is Bhuntar Airport, which is located in Bhuntar. It’s around 50 kilometers down NH21. From the Himalayan town of Manali, Air India flies to the airport on a regular basis from New Delhi. Helicopter taxi service is provided by Pawan Hans, a government of India charter agency. Shimla is connected to Chandigarh, Kullu, and Dharamshala by this service.
Nearest Railway Station: There are no rail stations in close proximity to Manali. Kiratpur Sahib is 268 kilometers away, Kalka is 275 kilometers away, and Chandigarh is 310 kilometers away.
By Road: Manali is accessible from Delhi. The distance between Delhi and Manali is 570 kilometers. This route, which is the best and cheapest for solo travelers, is frequently served overnight by luxury buses, including semi-sleeper Volvos. To get to Manali, one can take a taxi from Delhi.
Region: Manali | Pir Panjal Range
Route: Via traditional route
Total Duration: 6 Days | 34 kms
Altitude: 5287 m | 17345ft
Grade: Moderate – Difficult
Best Time: May-June, Sept-Oct
Last ATM: Manali
Trip Begin/End: Manali
* Check-in, freshen up & rest
* Briefing about Friendship Peak Expedition 3pm (mandatory)
* Checklist, Shop/Rental equipment and gears
* Visit Hidimba Temple, Mall road by own
* Dinner & overnight stay
* Boost yourself with a wholesome breakfast
* Transfer/travel to Dhundi 20 km, 90 minutes
* Trek to Bakarthach, 4 km, 3 hours
* Camp setup, prepare for next day
* Overnight stay in camps
* Lady Leg - the campsite is shaped like a leg
* Trek 4 km, 4-5 hours
* Intro & practice technical mountaineering skills
* Learning more about do's and don's of mountaineering
* acclimatize and stay hyderated
* Give proper rest to your body and keep warm.
* Steep slopes, slipper terrain
* Trek 3 km, 4 hours
* Required things to be carried
* Establish camp, hot lunch
* Sleep early, be prepared for summit
* 3 am wake up, start the ascend, 7 hours
* Witness the Sunrise, grand Himalayan views
* Click pics and descend down to Lady Leg/Bakarthach
* be safe & follow Leader's instructions
* Day reserved/buffer for summit attempt
* Only used in case of bad weather/unforeseeable conditions
* Safety First, leader's decision is final decision
* Beautiful day, breakfast
* Trek to Dhundi, 3-4 hours
* Transfer to Manali, drop at Volvo stand by 6 pm.
* Departure to home destination with a lifetime experience
Friendship Peak Expedition is trekking peak so you have to be with good physical fitness. It requires high altitude trekking experience upto 4200 meters. You can gain your physical fitness with workouts & breathing sessions. This expedition goes upto 5,200M there’s altitude gain for that you need to have strong lungs. Also your body needs to be active in such high altitude weather.
Begin by jogging 4-5 times each week. Begin jogging slowly and gradually increase your speed. As a result, cardiovascular endurance exercises are highly vital for making your lungs stronger than before. You can improve your physical fitness by running, cycling, and doing strength-building workouts. Calculate your BMI
Remember to bring appropriate clothing, remain hydrated, and stay warm to properly acclimate.
We totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully.
In case of any unforeseen weather conditions, government restrictions, road blockage or any other unavoidable circumstances beyond our control, certain activities during the expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary.
In such instances, we will do our utmost to find an alternative activity or offer you with a voucher (in the case of event cancellation or rescheduling).
However, there would be no financial refund for the same. You will receive a full refund if the trip is cancelled by us due to a lack of a minimum number of individuals in the batch. Additionally, if you purchased trip insurance, rentals, off-loading, or other activities, you will not receive a refund. The booking cost is non-refundable in any case while using the partial payment mechanism.
All refunds will be sent to the same bank account or credit card account that was used to make the purchase. Within 10 working days, the refund amount will be completed. The amount of the refund will always be computed based on the net amount paid* for the event booking and the Base Price of the event. (excluding all additional services transport, rent, portage, etc.). Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking. For more info : Terms & Condition
Itineraries are subject to change and are dependent on information available at the time of preparation. As conditions permit, “Heaven Riders India” retains the right to change expedition dates, people, or itinerary. The cost of delays and/or other changes is the responsibility of the participant if a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision. For any reason, HRI reserves the right to refuse or accept any individual as a tour member.
– STRICTLY NO LITTERING take belongings back
– Carry original and copy of valid ID
– Insurance is mandatory for all
– Participants should be 15+ years old.
– Leader’s decision is final, and will have to be followed by all the climbers
– Behave well with staff and respect the locals & also their beliefs & rituals
– consumption of alcohol and smoking is prohibited during the trip/expedition/trek.
– Any tax/entry fee imposed by the Govt. budget, Administration, or new policy.
– On Expeditions, at Base Camp, ration and equipment equally distributed among the climbers for load ferry.
– All Technical Gears will be UIAA Certified. Any loss/damage will be charged @1.5 times of actual value to cover up shipping and custom duties OR you can arrange by you
– No show and trek changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable
– In case reserve day for summit attempt is utilised, an additional amount would be charged.
– Our team reserves the right to change the plan/itinerary in case there is danger involved.
– Any additional costs due to weather/unforeseen situations, cost of rescue will have to be borne by the climber/you.
– Carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t wish to carry it, you can give it to the porter, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay extra on the basis of per day per bag.
– Extreme Himalayan Trips require a good amount of physical fitness, stamina and endurance so prepare accordingly.
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund to be provided. Participant has to bear all the cost beyond.
For any further clarifications ask while bookings
Leave a Reply