-10 to 25° C
November to March
Altitude: 6,400 feet
• Trekkers will be picked from Dehradun at 6:30 am in a Bolero/Sumo or a similar vehicle
• 5:00 p.m. is the expected arrival time at Sankri.
Fascinating Kedarkantha trek journey starts from Dehradun city. Sankri is located at a distance of 220km from here. Have one of the best drives in the Himalayas passing through Mussoorie and many other locations. The adrenaline rush
cannot be stopped because you will be crossing various sceneries. The journey will be a long one as you will reach in the evening. The last 22km of the drive is very exciting
as you will enter Govind National Park which is famous for flora and fauna. It is one of a kind because of its unique collection. The path to Sankri is rugged and bumpy, might take a little time to reach the destination. After reaching Sankri, you can relax there and wander around Sankri. One can have dinner at the premises or can enjoy dinner at the dhabas to taste some local flavors and experience the cuisine of the area.
Altitude: 6,400 feet to 9,100 feet
• 4 km trek, approx 5 hours.
• The trail passes through dense pine forests, maple trees, few streams and finally opens out to beautiful meadows.
After breakfast, you can start your day with a happy attitude. Today you will be heading towards Juda Ka Tal, which is based at an altitude of 9100 feet. This trail is a mixture of wide curves and sharp climbs. There will be dense forests and thick carpets of maple and pine leaves all brown in color. The view is very mesmerizing and one can hear the streams all flowing. Reaching Juda Ka talab will take approximately 5 hours. One will get to see the view of remote villages, where women are dedicatedly working towards their work and looking after their children.
Altitude: 9,100 feet to 11,250 feet
• 4 kms trek, approx 4 hours
• The majority of today's trail is on a ridge, surrounded by oak trees.
• You will also pass through some meadows where you can spot a shepherd log huts.
• Other peaks include Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala Nag, and Ranglana.
Another day begins where the trekkers move towards Kedarkantha base which lies at an altitude of 11,250feet. The distance from Juda Ka Talab to the base camp is around 4km and if you walk in a moderate speed it will take 4 hours. The trail will lead you to dense forests, oak forests and steep ridges and much more dense areas.
While trekking through the trail energize your body in between by taking a break and get to see the great Himalayan view. Before reaching the base camp, you will be charmed by the snow-clad mountains of Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, Kala
Nag and Ranglana.
At base camp, Wear proper woolen clothes, cap because at this height the wind is strong. Relax at the base camp and witness the shimmering night sky and make a count of the stars with your naked eyes. Get to see milky way stretching from one corner of the sky to another. This is a fantasy moment for trekkers and photographers.
Today is the day you will be conquering the Kedarkantha Trek Summit. The trekkers need to hike an elevation from 11,250 feet to 12,500 feet. If you walk in a moderate speed you will reach in about 7 hours altogether. Conquering a peak is not a cup of tea as the entire day will be very tiring.
The journey will be worth at the end despite of many challenges. Climbing through the forest till the end, one can find the Kedarkantha peak much closer. Trekkers will get to see the beautiful peak, from the meadows while trekking
which will boost up the excitement. A lovely but modest temple dedicated to Lord Shiva and goddess Parvati may be seen at the summit of the peak. There is a small shrine of Lord Ganesha too. The 360-degree panorama of Uttarakhand's snow-capped peaks is tempting and inviting. Words cannot justify the beauty hence it's better to visit and witness with their own eyes.
Relax and enjoy clicking pictures and it's time to descend through the same route.
Descend to Sankri i.e. from 9100ft to 6400ft. The trail is for 4kms and it would take approx 3 hours or more if go at a moderate speed. Wander through the dense forests and many oak trees which is extremely pretty. There will be point where you will find a ridge where it will give a splendid view of Har Ki Doon Valley.
After reaching Sankri, Freshen up and lunch, The drive to the Dehradun will take you through pine forests with the Tons river flowing side by side. Savor the moments and beauty of the locations the landscapes around the city. Vehicle will drop you at Dehradun Railway Station/ISBT.
In nature, the Kedarkantha trek is regarded as a moderate trek. The trail ascends to a height of over 12,500 feet. There is a constant altitude climb, from Sankri (6,800ft) to 12,500ft, which necessitates the use of very powerful lungs. The Kedarkantha trek necessitates a high level of cardiovascular fitness. And you might be wondering how to strengthen your lungs. To begin, go for a jog every day. Begin jogging slowly and gradually increase your speed. As a result, cardiovascular endurance exercises are highly vital for making your lungs stronger than before.
Remember to bring appropriate clothing, remain hydrated, and stay warm to properly acclimate.
NO REFUND SHALL BE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE BOOKING AMOUNT FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS. HOWEVER, we totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully,
No cancellations will be taken over call or what’s app msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
In case of government restrictions, bad weather, protests, landslides, road blockage, administrative ban, lockdown, strike or any other unforeseen circumstances which is beyond our control, certain activities during the trek/trip/expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary.
In such instances, we will do our utmost to find an alternative (in the case of event cancellation or rescheduling).
However, there would be no financial refund for the same. You will receive a full refund if the trip is cancelled by us due to a lack of a minimum number of individuals in the batch. Additionally, if you purchased trip insurance, rentals, off-loading, or other activities, you will not receive a refund. The booking amount is non-refundable in any case.
If a trek or trip or expedition cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances beyond our control (bad weather conditions like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, road block, ban, strike, bandh, etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/bad weather/unforeseen circumstances (rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, ban, road block, bandh, extra stay, food, transportation or taxi cost etc.), Will be borne by customer on the spot. Company will not be liable.
All refunds will be sent to the same bank account or credit card account or UPI that was used to make the purchase. Within 10 working days, the refund amount will be completed. The amount of the refund will always be computed based on the net amount paid for the event booking and the Base Price of the event. (Excluding all additional services transport, rent, porterage, etc.).
Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking. For more info: Terms & Condition
Itineraries are subject to change and are dependent on information available at the time of preparation. As conditions permit, “Heaven Riders India” retains the right to change expedition dates, people, or itinerary. The cost of delays and/or other changes is the responsibility of the participant if a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision. For any reason, HRI reserves the right to refuse or accept any individual as a tour member.
– STRICTLY NO LITTERING take belongings back
– Carry original and copy of valid ID
– Insurance is mandatory for all
– Participants should be 15+ years old along with a parent.
– Leader’s decision is final, and will have to be followed by all the climbers
– Behave well with staff and respect the locals & also their beliefs & rituals
– consumption of alcohol and smoking is prohibited during the trip/expedition/trek.
– Any tax/entry fee imposed by the Govt. budget, Administration, or new policy.
– On Expeditions, at Base Camp, ration and equipment equally distributed among the climbers for load ferry.
– All Technical Gears will be UIAA Certified. Any loss/damage will be charged @1.5 times of actual value to cover up shipping and custom duties OR you can arrange by you
– No show and trek changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable
– In case extra day is utilized, an additional amount will be charged.
– Our team reserves the right to change the plan/itinerary in case there is danger involved.
– Any additional costs due to weather/unforeseen situations, cost of rescue will have to be borne by the climber/you.
– Carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t wish to carry it, you can give it to the porter, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay extra on the basis of per day per bag.
– Extreme Himalayan Treks require a good amount of physical fitness, stamina and endurance so prepare accordingly.
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund to be provided. Participant has to bear all the costs beyond.
For any further clarifications ask while bookings