0 to 30°C
Mid-June to September
Kinner Kailash Trek is a religious and spiritual trek in Himachal Pradesh’s Kinnaur area. Reckong Peo is the closest town and headquarters of district Kinnaur. The views from the Kinnaur Kailash Trek are spectacular. It is one of India’s most difficult pilgrimages.
Kinner Kailash Trek is a 79-foot vertical rock perched at a height of over 15,000 feet in the center of Lord Shiva’s most fabled abodes. Shivaling’s color varies throughout the day. According to legend, Lord Shiva used to hold meetings with the Gods and Goddesses at Kinner Kailash. Kinner Kailash is also thought to be Lord Shiva’s winter residence.
Mt. Kinner-Kailash (19,850 ft) and Mt. Jorkanden (19,850 ft) are also part of the Kinnaur Kailash range (21,237 ft).
The Kinner Kailash Trek begins in Tangling, a lovely village on the left bank of the Satluj River. It takes six days to finish. In the direction of Ganesh Park, the terrain is quite steep. According to Hindu mythology, this is where Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati first met. You will reach Gufa after crossing Ganesh Park, and then Parvati Kund, which is located immediately below the Kinnaur Kailash.
Wildflowers and Brahma Kamal can be found along the trail. Keep an eye out for stones, rocky terrain, and steep routes. The steep walk from Parvati Kund leads to the top, where you will find yourself in front of the gigantic Kinner Kailash Shivalingam.
After a long travel, your mental fatigue will dissipate as you gaze up at the stunning 79-foot vertical Shivalingam. From this vantage point, you can see Mt. Kinner Kailash (19,849ft), which is a jaw-dropper.
Check Out the Kinner Kailash Yatra Cost
Check Out the Om Parvat Yatra Cost
The peaks of Kalpa, Reckong Peo, and surrounding summits of Lahaul and Spiti may be viewed, including Reo Purgyil and Leo Purgyil, Himachal Pradesh’s highest peaks. The views will astound you, and if you’re lucky, you might even see a yellow-beaked alpine bird.
Kinner Kailash Trek is not for the faint of heart, as it necessitates a great deal of stamina, mental fortitude, and previous trekking experience. This journey is perfect for anyone who enjoys a good challenge. The optimum time to visit is from mid-July until the end of September. Kinner Kailash Trek will appeal to any adventurer or nature lover, and it will challenge their mental fortitude.
By Air: Chandigarh Airport is most connected airport. Fights to Shimla airport are very expensive.
By Train: Chandigarh Railway Station is well connected to major cities of the country.
By Road: Kinnaur is situated on Old Hindustan-Tibbet National Highway. Which goes to Tibbet-China border and connects Spiti valley.
We recommend you to land at Chandigarh airport or reach by train, stay for a night near to the railway station and join us for the Kinner Kailash Trek.
Best Time: Mid-June to September
Duration: 6 days
Max Altitude: 4,810 meters
Pick/Drop: Chandigarh Railway Station
Difficulty: Demanding & Strenuous
Age group: 16-60 with good fitness level
Trek: 34 km | both side
• Max Altitude: 9,000ft
• 320km, 12 hours' drive
• Meeting Point: 5am, Railway Station, Chandigarh
• Route: Chandigarh - Shimla - Narkanda - Kinnaur
• Stay in rooms, dinner
• Includes: Pick up, Transportation/Travel/Transfer, Night Stay, Dinner.
Our representative will receive you at Chandigarh Railway station. The first day starts with a scenic drive from Chandigarh to Kinnaur crossing Shimla district. Shimla has beautiful villages and towns like Narkanda, Kufri, Theog, Fagu. Enjoy the tranquil views.
The drive will be for more than 12 hours. We will reach Kinnaur, take rest. Dinner would be served. Stay in rooms.
• Max Altitude: Ganesh Park 11,700 ft.
• Trek 7km, 5-6 hours
• Breakfast, start trek
• carry enough water, carry biscuits & rain suit
• Ganesh Park is grassland & campsite
• Stay in camps, breakfast, trek refreshments & dinner
• Includes: Breakfast, Lunch, Guide, Evening Tea, Dinner, Camp Stay
Start your day after a sumptuous breakfast. Tangling is a quaint village, which runs along the roaring of Sutlej. Top up your water bottles here before starting the trek.
There are small streams and trail follows through the village. Trekkers will get to witness the Kinner Kailash mountain range. Ganesh Park is a meadow.
Initially trek will be a steep ascent and later it will gradual. Lot of deodar forests will welcome you.
After crossing the tree line, from this point, the view is stunning. You will be encountering Kailash Dwaar. It is the doorway to Kinner Kailash.
Tea, Maggie/snacks and Dinner will be served at campsite.
• Altitude: Gufa 13, 600 ft
• Trek 3km, 4 hours
• Lunch at Gufa campsite
• no water point enroute, always carry biscuits, energy bars & rain
• Includes: Trek Leader, Guide, Breakfast, lunch, tea, dinner, Camp stay.
After breakfast at Ganesh Park, we will be heading towards the Gufa Campsite. First 90 minutes are bit steep and later descend up to the stream.
Enjoy the views enroute. Lunch at Gufa campsite. The night stay will be at Gufa Campsite. Follow trek leader's suggestions.
• Altitude: Kinner Kailash Shivling 4,810m | 15,400ft
• Trek 8km, 7-8 hours
• 5am start trek, Pack lunch provided
• limited water enroute, carry enough water, biscuits & rain suit
• Route: Gufa - Gauri Kund - Kinnaur Kailash
• Includes: Trek Lead, Guide, Breakfast, Pack lunch, Evening Tea, dinner, Camp stay.
It is advisable to start early because of the weather conditions. This is the toughest part. There are small streams nearby. The next point is Parvati Kund. It will take almost 2to 3 hours to reach there. The trail is filled with boulders, rocks and snow.
Parvati Kund is a glacial lake and is said to be named after Goddess Parvati. People do Darshan to seek blessings from the Goddess Parvati. They also worship around the lake before moving to Kinnaur Kailash.
Trek further towards the top and you will start noticing the beautiful mountain range of Kinnaur. The view is jaw dropping and you cannot stop gushing about the nearby mountains.
Please be careful while taking photos, as the trail is very narrow and there might be high chances of
slipping. Be alert Spend some time and do darshan and head back to Gufa campsite.
Dinner and night stay will be held at the Gufa campsite.
Note: In case of bad weather or any other issue, Trek leader or Guide's decision would be final. You have to follow his decision. Safety First.
• Trek 12km, 6-7 hours
• breakfast & packed lunch/refreshments would be provided
• less water enroute, carry biscuits & rain suit
• Be careful on slopes, same route tor return
• Includes: Trek Lea, Guide, breakfast, pack lunch, Evening tea & dinner, room stay
After breakfast, descend towards Ganesh Park. Rest and start downhill trek to Tangling. One can have tea enroute on his own expenses at Ganesh Park. Be careful while on downhill slopes, they can be risky.
Freshen up and rest. Hot dinner would be served. Night stay will be in rooms.
Note: Please spare a buffer day in case we are stuck in bad weather conditions, road block or any other issue. Buffer day not included in the package. Stay in touch with team and pay on the Spot.
• Drive 320km, 12 hours.
• early breakfast.
• Drop at Chandigarh Railway Station.
• Includes: Breakfast, Transportation/Transfer.
It is time to say goodbye to the beautiful memories made here, we will be driving to Shimla and drop you off to Chandigarh. You can make further bookings according to your convenience. We will reach Chandigarh late in the evening around 10pm. Services ends here.
Note: Please spare a buffer day in case we stuck in bad weather conditions, road block or any other issue. Buffer day not included in the package. Pay on the Spot.
Kinner Kailash Trek is rated as a moderate-to-advanced difficulty trek. The hike ascends to a height of 15,700 feet. There is a significant altitude climb, from Tangling to Kinner Kailash (15,700ft), which necessitates the use of very strong lungs.
The Kinner Kailash trek necessitates a high level of cardiovascular endurance, and you may be wondering how to strengthen your lungs. To begin, go for a jog every day. Begin jogging slowly and gradually increase your speed. As a result, cardiovascular endurance exercises are highly vital for making your lungs stronger than before.
Remember to bring appropriate clothing, remain hydrated, and stay warm to properly acclimate.
NO REFUND SHALL BE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE BOOKING AMOUNT FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS. HOWEVER, we totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully.
No cancellations will be taken over call or what’s app msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
In case of government restrictions, bad weather, protests, landslides, road blockage, administrative ban, lockdown, strike or any other unforeseen circumstances which is beyond our control, certain activities during the trek/trip/expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary.
In such instances, we will do our utmost to find an alternative (in the case of event cancellation or rescheduling).
However, there would be no financial refund for the same. You will receive a full refund if the trip is cancelled by us due to a lack of a minimum number of individuals in the batch. Additionally, if you purchased trip insurance, rentals, off-loading, or other activities, you will not receive a refund. The booking amount is non-refundable in any case.
If a trek or trip or expedition cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances beyond our control (bad weather conditions like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, road block, ban, strike, bandh, etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/bad weather/unforeseen circumstances (rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, ban, road block, bandh, extra stay, food, transportation or taxi cost etc.), Will be borne by customer on the spot. Company will not be liable.
All refunds will be sent to the same bank account or credit card account or UPI that was used to make the purchase. Within 10 working days, the refund amount will be completed. The amount of the refund will always be computed based on the net amount paid for the event booking and the Base Price of the event. (Excluding all additional services transport, rent, porterage, etc.).
Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking. For more info: Terms & Condition
Itineraries are subject to change and are dependent on information available at the time of preparation. As conditions permit, “Heaven Riders India” retains the right to change expedition dates, people, or itinerary. The cost of delays and/or other changes is the responsibility of the participant if a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision. For any reason, TEAM HRI reserves the right to refuse or accept any individual as a tour member.
– STRICTLY NO LITTERING take belongings back.
– Carry original and copy of valid ID.
– Insurance is mandatory for all.
– Participants should be 15+ years old along with a parent.
– Leader’s decision is final, and will have to be followed by all the climbers.
– Behave well with staff and respect the locals & also their beliefs & rituals.
– consumption of alcohol and smoking is prohibited during the trip/expedition/trek.
– Any tax/entry fee imposed by the Govt. budget, Administration, or new policy.
– On Expeditions, at Base Camp, ration and equipment equally distributed among the climbers for load ferry.
– All Technical Gears will be UIAA Certified. Any loss/damage will be charged @1.5 times of actual value to cover up shipping and custom duties OR you can arrange by you.
– No show and trek changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable.
– In case extra day is utilized, an additional amount would be charged, pay on the spot.
– Our team reserves the right to change the plan/itinerary in case there is danger involved.
– Any additional costs due to weather/unforeseen situations, cost of rescue will have to be borne by the climber/you.
– Carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t wish to carry it, you can give it to the porter, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay extra on the basis of per day per bag.
– Extreme Himalayan Trips require a good amount of physical fitness, stamina and endurance so prepare accordingly.
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund to be provided. Participant has to bear all the return costs on the spot.
For any further clarifications ask during bookings.