-5 to 25°C
Mount Satopanth is the second highest mountain in the Gangotri group of peaks in Garhwal Himalayas. 7075 meter high Satopanth peak, which in local dialect means “True Path”. Mount Satopanth Expedition is quite a challenging expedition. The route includes a complex glacier approach, high angled snow slopes, and a technical knife-edge ridge, before the final section to the summit. Base Camp is Vasuki Tal, which is situated at an altitude of 4800m.
Mount Satopanth Expedition is meant only for aspiring mountaineers with prior knowledge of the use of ice axes, crampons, roping up procedures and jumar climbing. The extremely unpredictable weather conditions and a challenging terrain encountered while undertaking this expedition demands the participant to be extremely physically fit with a high level of mental endurance.
Mt. Satopanth Expedition is known as a preparatory expedition for Indian mountaineers who wish to climb 8000M+ peaks and Mt. Everest. This expedition perfectly transitions a mountaineer from trekking to peaks to climbing summits. The famous ‘knife ridge’ at 6500 meters takes a lot to traverse.
Gangotri is the base village and trek starting point. Gangotri is 250km from Dehradun and 265 km from Rishikesh. Dehradun is well connected to all major cities of the country. Gangotri is spiritual place for Hindus and offers amazing trekking & mountaineering expeditions.
Nearest Airport: Joly Grant Airport, Dehradun is the nearest airport. Which is 20km from Rishikesh.
Nearest Railway Station: Rishikesh junction is the closest railway station.
Road Connectivity: Rishikesh is well connected with national capital Delhi through highway. Delhi is 251km from Rishikesh, 275 km from Dehradun. Booking a cab to reach Rishikesh/Dehradun or overnight Volvo bus is the most convenient mode of travel to reach here from Delhi. You can take a shared cab to Uttarkashi.
– Basic Mountaineering Course or Advance Mountaineering Course from any registered mountaineering institute under IMF
– Valid Govt. ID (Aadhar Card/Passport/Driver’s License), Visa for foreign nationals
– Mandatory Insurance (Min. Upto 5 lakh), Passport Size Photo
– Medical Certificate by registered medical practitioner min. MBBS
– Previous Experience up to 6000m like Mt. Deo Tibba, Black Peak, Kang Yatse 2, Bhagirathi Peak optional.
Altitude: 3100 m | Gangotri
* Briefing/orientation about Expedition, check list
* Shop/Rent essentials at Uttarkashi
* Drive 100 km | 3-4 hours.
* Rest for the left time.
* Altitude: 3792m
* Visit to Gangotri Temple
* Breakfast and packed lunch
* Trek 14 km, 5-6 hours
* Easy gradient, few water points enroute
* Establish camps, relax
* Dinner & stay
* Altitude: 4500m
* Breakfast and packed lunch
* Trek 10 km, 6-7 hours
* Few water points enroute
* Visit Gaumukh on the way
* Be careful on moraines, rocky trail further to Gaumukh
* Dinner & stay
* Altitude: 4880m | Vasuki Tal | Base Camp
* Breakfast & packed lunch
* Trek 6 km, 6-7 hours
* Few water points
* Dinner & stay
* Day at leisure
* Acclimatization Walk nearby
* Session about technical equipment and gears
Note: Sleeping in tents during daytime strictly not advisable
* During this period of time we will do the things on day to day basis.
* We advise to follow leader's instructions and acclimatize properly with rest.
* Every Participant must have 2 to 3 days as buffer.
* Trek 14km | 5 hours
* Transfer to Uttarkashi | 100km, 3-4 hours
Spare 2-3 days as buffer other than 19 days
For Mount Satopanth Expedition, you have to be very good in terms of physical fitness. It requires a high-altitude trekking experience of up to 5000 meters. You can gain your physical fitness with workouts & breathing sessions. This expedition goes up to 6387m there’s sudden altitude gain for that you need to have strong lungs. Also, your body needs to be active in such high-altitude weather.
Begin by jogging 4-5 times each week. Begin jogging slowly and gradually increase your speed. As a result, cardiovascular endurance exercises are highly vital for making your lungs stronger than before. You can improve your physical fitness by running, cycling, and doing strength-building workouts. Calculate your BMI
Remember to bring appropriate clothing, remain hydrated, and stay warm to properly acclimate.
We totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully.
In case of any unforeseen weather conditions, government restrictions, road blockage or any other unavoidable circumstances beyond our control, certain activities during the expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary.
In such instances, we will do our utmost to find an alternative activity or offer you with a voucher (in the case of event cancellation or rescheduling).
However, there would be no financial refund for the same. You will receive a full refund if the trip is cancelled by us due to a lack of a minimum number of individuals in the batch. Additionally, if you purchased trip insurance, rentals, off-loading, or other activities, you will not receive a refund. The booking cost is non-refundable in any case while using the partial payment mechanism.
All refunds will be sent to the same bank account or credit card account that was used to make the purchase. Within 10 working days, the refund amount will be completed. The amount of the refund will always be computed based on the net amount paid* for the event booking and the Base Price of the event. (excluding all additional services transport, rent, portage, etc.). Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking. For more info : Terms & Condition
Itineraries are subject to change and are dependent on information available at the time of preparation. As conditions permit, “Heaven Riders India” retains the right to change expedition dates, people, or itinerary. The cost of delays and/or other changes is the responsibility of the participant if a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision. For any reason, HRI reserves the right to refuse or accept any individual as a tour member.
– STRICTLY NO LITTERING take belongings back
– Carry original and copy of valid ID
– Insurance is mandatory for all
– Participants should be 15+ years old.
– Leader’s decision is final, and will have to be followed by all the climbers
– Behave well with staff and respect the locals & also their beliefs & rituals
– consumption of alcohol and smoking is prohibited during the trip/expedition/trek.
– Any tax/entry fee imposed by the Govt. budget, Administration, or new policy.
– On Expeditions, at Base Camp, ration and equipment equally distributed among the climbers for load ferry.
– All Technical Gears will be UIAA Certified. Any loss/damage will be charged @1.5 times of actual value to cover up shipping and custom duties OR you can arrange by you
– No show and trek changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable
– In case reserve day for summit attempt is utilised, an additional amount would be charged.
– Our team reserves the right to change the plan/itinerary in case there is danger involved.
– Any additional costs due to weather/unforeseen situations, cost of rescue will have to be borne by the climber/you.
– Carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t wish to carry it, you can give it to the porter, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay extra on the basis of per day per bag.
– Extreme Himalayan Trips require a good amount of physical fitness, stamina and endurance so prepare accordingly.
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund to be provided. Participant has to bear all the cost beyond.
For any further clarifications ask while bookings