25°C to -8°C
Fixed Departure: Daily Departure in 15 December to 31 December
Patalsu peak trek is a moderately easy trek that gives you the indescribable feeling you earn from a summit climb. The trek starts from Solang, climbing through lush meadows and dense forests of pine, deodar and oak inhabited by Monal’s and Pheasants among other fauna and ends with a summit climb.
Patalsu peak is situated in Manali at 4,200 meters above sea level. The summit of Patalsu peak offers magnificent panoramic views of Hanuman Tibba, Deo Tibba, Indrasan, Friendship peak, Shitidhar and the entire Kullu valley.
The Patalsu trek is also an excellent opportunity to prepare for more challenging climbs in the future. As a beginner’s peak, it allows you to gain valuable experience and develop the necessary skills for more demanding climbs in the future, including peaks that reach an altitude of 5,000 meters or more like Friendship peak, Shitidhar, etc.
Patalsu peak is the best experience for beginners, amateurs as well as seasoned trekkers.
A perfect time to explore the Patalsu Peak Trek is around the year except the time of July, August and initial days of September.
Summers are perfect, with a maximum temperature of 25 degrees Celsius and a minimum of 10 degrees.
In winter, the whole region turns into a snow land. Climbing Patalsu peak in winters is an unforgettable experience.
The Pickup point and Drop Point will be The Mall Road, Manali.
By Air: The nearest airport is in Bhuntar which is 11km from Kullu and 52 km from Manali. You can take a taxi from Bhuntar to Manali. To reach Manali by air, you need to have a connecting flight via Delhi or Chandigarh. Delhi or Chandigarh is well connected to major airports across the country.
By Road: You can take an overnight Volvo bus from Delhi to Manali or Chandigarh to Manali. Manali is well connected to both of the cities with a four-lane highway. The roads are in good condition but there are sudden landslides in the monsoon season. The bus from Delhi to Manali can take up to 10-12 hours and from Chandigarh to Manali is 8-10 hours at least. You should always take the Himsuta bus from HRTC (Himachal Govt. Bus) as they are the most comfortable & trusted government buses on this route. Plan your onward journeys only post noon giving enough buffer for bus delays.
By Train: We do not recommend you travel by train as the closest railway station, Joginder Nagar is 6 hours away, which you will again have to cover by bus or cab. It’s better to come to Delhi to Chandigarh and then book an overnight Volvo bus to Manali. Volvo buses are the best option of all.
Patalsu Peak situated at 4,200m which is 13,900 in feet approx. is a moderate summit near Manali.
Patalsu peak trek is a high-altitude trek. The difficulty level of Patalsu peak is moderate, which demands a good physical fitness, stamina, and endurance. No prior trekking experience is required which means beginners can also do this trek. It is a heady mix of even trails, rugged terrains, steep ascents, narrow ridges, and moraines. The ideal duration of the trek is 3 days.
It is recommended that you prepare for the trek at least 3 to 4 weeks in advance by jogging, running, cycling, swimming, yoga, squats, breathing exercises and doing crunches.
Yes, Patalsu peak is doable in winters. There will be snow in the months from December to March. In winter, temperature ranges between 10 degrees Celsius to -10 degrees Celsius. However, the region witnesses luxurious snowfall and is bitterly cold. You require careful maneuvers on ice-patches to reach the snowy summit.
Patalsu Peak Trek is one of the safest treks in Manali as it does not take you away from civilization for too long. Also, the trekking route is peppered with checkpoints for the safety of trekkers.
Max. Altitude: (9,700 ft) - Shagadugh
* Pick Up Point: Upper Point, Mall Road, Manali
* Meet our representative
* Drive to Solang: 13km, 1 hour
* Trek: 3 km Trek, 4-5 hours
* Top-up water bottles
* Gradual ascent through pine and oak forests before opening up at the Shagadugh meadows
* Camp Stay
Includes: Taxi, Lead Guide, Lunch at camp, Dinner & Camp stay
Max. Altitude: 13,900 feet approx. - Patalsu Peak
* Early Morning Summit Push
* Reach Patalsu Peak Summit
* Trek: 8 km Trek (up & down), 6-8 hours
* Don't forget to Top-up your water bottles (2 liters per person)
* Climb through steep, exposed terrain over the ridge to reach summit
* Spend some time with panoramic views, Group photo
* Return back
Includes: Lead Guide, All Meals, Safety Gears & Camp stay
* Downhill trek to Solang - 3 km Trek
* Drive to Manali - 1 hour (depends on traffic)
* Book tickets post to 7pm from Manali
* Either drop at Mall Road or Private Volvo Stand, Manali
* Services ends here
Includes: Guide, Breakfast, Taxi, Drop at Manali
Patalsu Peak Trek is a high-altitude trek. The hike reaches a height of over 13,900 feet approx. There is a significant altitude climb, from Manali to Patalsu peak summit (13,900 feet), which requires very strong lungs.
This trek necessitates a high level of cardiovascular fitness. And you might be wondering how to strengthen your lungs. To begin, go for a jog every day. Begin jogging slowly and gradually increase your speed. As a result, cardiovascular endurance exercises are highly vital for making your lungs stronger than before.
Take proper rest and sleep before coming to Patalsu Peak Trek.
NO REFUND SHALL BE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE BOOKING AMOUNT FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS. HOWEVER, we totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully.
No cancellations will be taken over call or what’s app msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
In case of government restrictions, bad weather, protests, landslides, road blockage, administrative ban, lockdown, strike or any other unforeseen circumstances which is beyond our control, certain activities during the trek/trip/expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary.
In such instances, we will do our utmost to find an alternative (in the case of event cancellation or rescheduling).
However, there would be no financial refund for the same. You will receive a full refund if the trip is cancelled by us due to a lack of a minimum number of individuals in the batch. Additionally, if you purchased trip insurance, rentals, off-loading, or other activities, you will not receive a refund. The booking amount is non-refundable in any case.
If a trek or trip or expedition cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances beyond our control (bad weather conditions like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, road block, ban, strike, bandh, etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/bad weather/unforeseen circumstances (rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, ban, road block, bandh, extra stay, food, transportation or taxi cost etc.), Will be borne by customer on the spot. Company will not be liable.
All refunds will be sent to the same bank account or credit card account or UPI that was used to make the purchase. Within 10 working days, the refund amount will be completed. The amount of the refund will always be computed based on the net amount paid for the event booking and the Base Price of the event. (Excluding all additional services transport, rent, porterage, etc.).
Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking. For more info: Terms & Condition
Itineraries are subject to change and are dependent on information available at the time of preparation. As conditions permit, “Heaven Riders India” retains the right to change expedition dates, people, or itinerary. The cost of delays and/or other changes is the responsibility of the participant if a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision. For any reason, HRI reserves the right to refuse or accept any individual as a tour member.
– STRICTLY NO LITTERING take belongings back.
– Carry original and copy of valid Govt. ID.
– Insurance is mandatory for all.
– Participants should be 15+ years old with parents’ written consent.
– Leader’s decision is final, and will have to be followed by all the climbers.
– Behave well with staff and respect the locals & also respect their beliefs & rituals.
– Consumption of alcohol and smoking is prohibited during the trip/expedition/trek.
– Any tax/entry fee imposed by the Govt. budget, Administration, or new policy not included in the cost.
– All Technical Gears will be UIAA Certified. Any loss/damage will be charged @1.5 times of actual value to cover up shipping, custom duties and logistics charges OR you can arrange by you.
– No show and trek changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable
– In case extra day for summit attempt is utilised, an additional amount would be charged.
– Our team reserves the right to change the plan/itinerary in case there is danger involved.
– Any additional costs due to weather/unforeseen situations, cost of rescue will have to be borne by the climber/you on the spot.
– Carry your backpack on your own, if you don’t wish to carry it, you can off-load, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay extra on the basis of per day per bag.
– Extreme Himalayan Trips & Treks require a good amount of physical fitness, stamina and endurance so prepare well at home accordingly.
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund to be provided. Participant has to bear all the costs beyond.
For any further clarifications ask during bookings.