-5 to 15°C
May to June
Sar Pass Trek is a breathtaking Himalayan trek that begins in Kasol and ends in Barshaini, Kullu Valley. The walk is ideal for everyone who likes high mountains, icy vistas, and adventure. The walk begins in Kasol and takes you through pine forests, beautiful meadows, snow-capped mountains, and some of the most breathtaking scenery, making the Sar Pass trek is one of the top mountain and nature treks in the world.
Sar a frozen lake called in the local dialect, which is where the name comes from.
The walk is around 48 kilometers long. The view from the pass, which is about 14,000 feet above sea level, is incredibly spectacular because of the majestic mountains of Parvati Valley. With alpine woods, wildflowers, and breathtaking landscapes, this walk will undoubtedly provide an adrenaline rush and thrilling experience.
Kasol is the starting point for the majority of the Sar Pass Trekking and is a great beginner’s walk. It’s perfect for those who want to view a diversity of terrain. Trekking trails in the Parvati valley include forests, meadows, picturesque villages, and snow-capped mountains. It’s also known as India’s “Little Israel.”
Kasol offers genuine Israeli food and other cuisines like Indian, Continental, etc. Heaven Riders India offers you an opportunity to cross Sar Pass Trek and experience the best. The trip starts and ends at backpackers destination ‘Kasol’.
Kasol is the base for Sar Pass Trek. First of all, you’ve to reach Delhi. From Delhi, you can hire taxi to Kasol or book a Volvo. For Solo, Volvo is the best and most convenient mode of travel to Kasol. You need to book Volvo bus in advance.
• Altitude:- Kasol 9,800ft to Grahan 7,700ft
• Trek 8km, 5-6 hours
• Enough water through the trail
• Easy to Moderate trail.
After breakfast, Trek leader will brief you about trek. You will start the trek from Kasol to Grahan village and will be covering a total distance of 8Km from Kasol to Grahan in 5 hours. The trail is easy as you will pass through lot of pine forests, oak trees. To the left of Grahan, there is the Grahan Nallah. Once you move ahead the trail becomes rocky. Enjoy the scenic beauty of the village. The forests is rich in Rhododendrons. We will reach the Grahan village after the steep climb. Have lunch, dinner and overnight stay in tents.
• Altitude:- 7,700ft to 11,150ft
• 7-8Km, 6hr trek
• Steep trail, gradual ascent
• few water points on the way
Begin the trek from Grahan to Min Thatch. This trail is often used by the Shepherd and the villagers. It is a steep trail where you will find yourself amidst the woods. Enjoy the scenic view of Min Thatch, Nagaru and Sar top. Reach the campsite at Min Thach, have dinner and overnight stay in tents.
• Altitude:- 11,150ft to 12,500ft
• 8Km, 4-5hr trek
• Steep trail, forest to Snow Meadows
• carry enough water
• coldest campsite of the whole trek with gusty winds
On this day we'll make an early start to approach Nagaru. The trail today is comparatively steeper than the previous route. Today we will be trekking to Nagaru. It will be a short day but difficult due to the steep trail. It will take around 4 to 6 hours to reach your next campsite.
As you ascend higher the air becomes thinner and you might face little-bit altitude sickness such as headache, dizziness. These symtoms are normal reaction of the body So increase the water & fluid intake and keep your hands, nose, eyes and ears open to acclimatize properly. But in any odd situation, we provide all the facilities including the first aid kit, portal oxygen, oxymeter and pulse-meter. Also the temperature can drop to below zero during nights. Don't hide any abnormal thing from trek leader. These are very common on such high altitude.
The campsite is very lovely where you will see the mountains of Parvati Valley. Spend the night in tents.
• Altitude:- 12,500ft to 13,850ft Sar Pass to 11,000ft
• 14Km, 7-8hr trek
• Steep Snow Trail, click pictures at top
• carry enough water
• Longest Himalayan Snow Slides
• unparalleled views of Majestic Parvati Valley
Start early from Biskeri Thatch Via Sar Pass. The climb will be steep and very long via Sar Pass. You will witness the views of Tosh Valley and the views of Sar Pass Top. Trekkers will be left in awe because of the Mountains of Parvati Valley. Spend time here, you can also click pictures. You can Start Descending to the next campsite Biskeri Thatch through Rhododendron trees. Also you'll enjoy the Longest Himalayan Snow Slides here. After 7-8 hours of trek reach your campsite, have dinner and overnight stay in tents.
• Altitude:- 11,000ft to 7,500ft approx
• 8Km, 4hr trek, 2hr drive to Kasol
• enjoy the sunrise, breakfast
• enough water on trail
• careful during descend, might be tricky
Today will be the last day of trek. Biskeri Thatch will have impressive views of pine forests, Oak trees and the green grasslands and the snow-capped mountains. The descent is not tricky towards Pulga across the Parvati Valley and you will reach the Barsheini in few hours. Our team will be waiting for you in Barsheini to drop you to Kasol. Trekkers will reach Kasol by afternoon. So, plan your departure from Kasol accordingly.
In nature, the Sar pass trek is regarded as a moderate trek. The trail ascends to a height of 14,000 feet. There is a significant altitude gain between Grahan village and Sar Pass (7,700ft to 13,800ft) that requires very strong lungs.
The Sar Pass trek necessitates a high level of cardiovascular endurance. And you might be considering how to strengthen your lungs? To begin, go for a jog every day. Begin jogging slowly and gradually increase your speed. As a result, cardiovascular endurance exercises are highly vital for making your lungs stronger than before.
Remember to bring appropriate clothing, remain hydrated, and stay warm to properly acclimate.
We totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so the HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully.
In case of any unforeseen weather conditions, government restrictions, road blockage, or any other unavoidable circumstances beyond our control, certain activities during the expedition or the event itself may be canceled/skipped, or there could be a change in the itinerary.
In such instances, we will do our utmost to find an alternative activity or offer you a voucher (in the case of event cancellation or rescheduling).
However, there would be no financial refund for the same. You will receive a full refund if the trip is canceled by us due to a lack of a minimum number of individuals in the batch. Additionally, if you purchased trip insurance, rentals, off-loading, or other activities, you will not receive a refund. The booking cost is non-refundable in any case while using the partial payment mechanism.
All refunds will be sent to the same bank account or credit card account that was used to make the purchase. Within 10 working days, the refund amount will be completed. The amount of the refund will always be computed based on the net amount paid* for the event booking and the Base Price of the event. (excluding all additional services transport, rent, portage, etc.). Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking. For more info: Terms & Condition
Itineraries are subject to change and are dependent on information available at the time of preparation. As conditions permit, “Heaven Riders India” retains the right to change expedition dates, people, or itinerary. The cost of delays and/or other changes is the responsibility of the participant if a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision. For any reason, HRI reserves the right to refuse or accept any individual as a tour member.
– STRICTLY NO LITTERING take belongings back
– Carry original and copy of valid ID
– Insurance is mandatory for all
– Participants should be 15+ years old.
– Leader’s decision is final, and will have to be followed by all the climbers
– Behave well with staff and respect the locals & also their beliefs & rituals
– consumption of alcohol and smoking is prohibited during the trip/expedition/trek.
– Any tax/entry fee imposed by the Govt. budget, Administration, or new policy.
– On Expeditions, at Base Camp, ration and equipment equally distributed among the climbers for load ferry.
– All Technical Gears will be UIAA Certified. Any loss/damage will be charged @1.5 times of actual value to cover up shipping and custom duties OR you can arrange by you
– No show and trek changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable
– In case reserve day for summit attempt is utilised, an additional amount would be charged.
– Our team reserves the right to change the plan/itinerary in case there is danger involved.
– Any additional costs due to weather/unforeseen situations, cost of rescue will have to be borne by the climber/you.
– Carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t wish to carry it, you can give it to the porter, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay extra on the basis of per day per bag.
– Extreme Himalayan Trips require a good amount of physical fitness, stamina and endurance so prepare accordingly.
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund to be provided. Participant has to bear all the cost beyond.
For any further clarifications ask while bookings