Shrikhand Mahadev Trek is the toughest pilgrimage in India. This abode of lord Shiva is situated in Kullu District of Himachal Pradesh at height of 17,150 ft (5227 meters) above sea level.
Shrikhand Mahadev Trek takes about seven days to finish and offers one of the most breathtaking views. The journey is difficult, and flora and wild animals can be seen along the way, making it even more attractive. The view from the peak is breathtaking.
Shrikhand Mahadev trek best time is July to September.
The Shrikhand Mahadev peak resembles Shivaling and it was believed that Lord Shiva meditated and the Pandavas used to visit this peak. According to administration, Shivaling is around 75 foot long and 46 foot in breadth. One of the five Kailash, which is claimed to be Lord Shiva’s residence, is the most important Shrikhand Mahadev.
Note: Customization available on request
We are the most experienced & trustworthy operator of the ‘Panch Kailash Yatra’, which includes the Kailash Mansarovar, Adi Kailash & Om Parvat, Kinnaur Kailash, Shrikhand Mahadev Kailash, Manimahesh Yatra and Manimahesh Kailash Parikrama.
Please contact us if you are willing to help with any of these. Call Now+91 73800 87934
Best Time: June end to September
Duration: 7 days
Max Altitude: 17,150 ft
Pick/Drop: Chandigarh Railway Station
Difficulty: Challenging & Strenuous
Age group: 16-50 with good fitness level
Trek: 65 km | both side
• Altitude: Jaon 6,800ft
• 10 hours' drive to Jaon.
• Meeting Point: 5am, Railway Station, Chandigarh
• Route: Chandigarh - Shimla - Narkanda - Jaon
• Stay in rooms, dinner
• Includes: Pick Up, Transportation/Transfer/Travel, Dinner, Stay in rooms
The first day starts with a scenic drive to Rampur via Shimla. Shimla has beautiful villages and towns like Shimla, Kufri & Narkanda. Enjoy the tranquil views. Dinner will be served at Jaon.
Jaon is a beautiful village surrounded by Himalayan range. One can admire the beauty of this village sitting amidst the lofty mountains, temples, wild flowers, verdant meadows and Rajmah fields.
• Altitude: Thachdu 11,300ft
• Trek 12km, 7-8 hours
• Early breakfast, 6 am start trek
• Carry biscuits & raincoat
• Route: Jaon - Singhad - Barati Nalla - Thachdu
• Stay in camps, breakfast, hot lunch & dinner, Trek Lead, Guide included
After breakfast, start the trek early in the morning and get ready to walk. You will get to witness Shrikhand Mahadev from the Jaon village. After crossing Jaon, the first stop that comes Singhad after 3Km. Wait for team, enroll for trek, and rest at Singhad. The next destination which comes is Barati Nala. There will be a bridge, you need to cross and then steep ascent upto Thachdu which is the real test. Be slow & climb with baby steps, don't rush and don't walk alone. Hot lunch to be served enroute to Thachdu.
Thachdu is embellished with deodar forest and oak trees. We will be staying here in camps for the night at Thachru.
• Altitude: Bheemdwar 13,600ft
• Trek 10km, 6-7 hours
• 7am start trek, breakfast & lunch enroute
• enough water enroute, always carry biscuits & rain suit
• Route: Thachdu - Kali Ghati - Bheemtalai - Kunsha - Bheemdwar
• Breakfast, lunch, dinner, Trek Lead/ Guide, Camp Stay included
You will be starting your day at 6am. After freshening up and having tea with some cookies, reach Kali top in 2 hours. There is a straight climb from Thachru to Kali top in the first 3Km. Breakfast would be served at Kali Top. Kali Ghati has amazing mountain landscapes of 360-degree view.
After delicious breakfast & start the trek towards Bheemdwar. Downhill to Bheemtalai which is around 1.5km away. Rest at Bheemtalai and start the trek again, the trail is both uphill and downhill. The next destination is Kunsha, hot lunch would be served enroute.
Kunsha is marvelous place with jaw dropping scenery. You can't stop yourself by clicking pictures here. We move on towards Bheemdwar. The place is adorned with wildflowers and shrubs. We'll reach Bheemdwar in the evening, early dinner will be served at the campsite Bheemdwar.
Follow trek leader's suggestions.
• Altitude: Shrikhand Mahadev 17,150ft
• Trek 12km, 7-8 hours
• 5am start trek, breakfast & lunch enroute
• Carry enough water, biscuits & rain coat
• Route: Bheemdwar - Parvati Bagh - Shrikhand Mahadev
• Stay in camps, breakfast, lunch & dinner, Trek, Guide included
Today we will start early in the morning. Put your headlamps and keep walking towards Parvati Bagh. Breakfast to be served at Parvati Bagh.
At Parvati Bagh you will notice a lot of Brahma Kamal. This place is located just below Shrikhand Mountain. After crossing Parvati Bagh, you will walk towards Nayan Sarovar which is like 2Km. It was believed that the lake was formed by the tears of Goddess Parvati. It remains frozen. Once you move ahead you will have the glimpse of Shrikhand peak and reach Bheembayi in some time.
The path is really tough at Bheembaie to walk as there are a lot of moraines and stone tunnels. In an hour you will reach the peak and your soul filled with immense joy. Do darshan and Arti around the peak. Seek blessings. Photographers will not stop taking photos of the mesmerizing views.
After the photo sessions, head back to Bheemdwar where we will be camping at same spot for the night. Dinner will be served at campsite.
There are two routes from Parvati bagh to reach Shrikhand Mahadev, it depends on snow conditions which one we are going to take, other than Nayan Sarovar path second one is short but steep. Trek leader will take the decision on which route has to be chosen.
• Altitude: Thachdu 11,300ft
• Trek 10km, 6 hours
• 8am start trek, breakfast & lunch enroute
• enough water enroute, carry biscuits & rain suit
• Be careful on slopes, route: Kunsha-Kali Top-Thachdu
• Stay in camps, breakfast, lunch & dinner, Trek Lead, Guide included
After a hot tea at campsite, start trek and descend towards Thachdu via Kali Ghati, Kunsha. We will do breakfast & lunch enroute. Night stay & dinner will be at Thachdu.
• Altitude: Jaon 6,800ft
• Trek 12km, 6-7 hours
• 7am start trek, breakfast & lunch enroute
• enough water enroute, carry rainsuit
• Be careful on slopes, descent got slippery after rain
• Stay in rooms, breakfast, lunch & dinner included
The trek ends here at Jaon and will be bidding bye to our mountain team taking along with us a lot of memories. Wake up early and start descending towards Jaon after having a hot tea at campsite. Breakfast & lunch enroute. Night stay will be at Jaon with Dinner.
• 7am start time, breakfast enroute.
• 10 hours' drive, reach around 11pm, book further travel accordingly.
• Drop Point: Chandigarh Railway Station
• Route: Jaon - Narkanda - Shimla - Chandigarh
• Breakfast, Travel, drop at Chandigarh railway station included
Our team will drop you off at Chandigarh Railway station from Jaon and then you can further plan out for the day according to your convenience. We'll reach Chandigarh around 11pm in the late evening. Book further travel accordingly.
The Shrikhand Mahadev Trek is regarded as a challenging trek. The hike reaches a height of over 17,000 feet. There is a significant altitude climb, from Jaon to Shrikhand Mahadev (17,000 feet), which requires very strong lungs. The Shrikhand Mahadev hike necessitates a high level of cardiovascular fitness. And you might be considering how to strengthen your lungs? To begin, go for a jog every day. Begin jogging slowly and gradually increase your speed. As a result, cardiovascular endurance exercises are highly vital for making your lungs stronger than before.
Remember to bring appropriate clothing, remain hydrated, and stay warm to properly acclimate.
NO REFUND SHALL BE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE BOOKING AMOUNT FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS. HOWEVER, we totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully.
No cancellations will be taken over call or whats app msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
In case of government restrictions, bad weather, protests, landslides, road blockage, administrative ban, lockdown, strike or any other unforeseen circumstances which is beyond our control, certain activities during the trek/trip/expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary.
In such instances, we will do our utmost to find an alternative (in the case of event cancellation or rescheduling).
However, there would be no financial refund for the same. You will receive a full refund if the trip is cancelled by us due to a lack of a minimum number of individuals in the batch. Additionally, if you purchased trip insurance, rentals, off-loading, or other activities, you will not receive a refund. The booking amount is non-refundable in any case.
If a trek or trip or expedition cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances beyond our control (bad weather conditions like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, road block, ban, strike, bandh, etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/bad weather/unforeseen circumstances (rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, ban, road block, bandh, extra stay, food, transportation or taxi cost etc.), Will be borne by customer on the spot. Company will not be liable.
All refunds will be sent to the same bank account or credit card account or UPI that was used to make the purchase. Within 10 working days, the refund amount will be completed. The amount of the refund will always be computed based on the net amount paid for the event booking and the Base Price of the event. (Excluding all additional services transport, rent, porterage, etc.).
Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking. For more info: Terms & Condition
Itineraries are based on information available at the time of planning and are subject to change. “Heaven Riders India” reserves the right to change expedition dates, people or itineraries as conditions warrant. If a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision, the cost of delays and/or other changes are the responsibility of the participant. Team HRI reserves the right to decline, or accept, any individual as a trip member for any reason whatsoever.
– STRICTLY NO LITTERING take belongings back.
– Carry original and copy of valid ID.
– Insurance is mandatory & it’s participants responsibility.
– Participants should be 15+ years old along with a parent with written consent.
– Leader’s decision is final, and will have to be followed by all the climbers
– Behave well with staff and respect locals, their beliefs & rituals
– consumption of alcohol and smoking is prohibited during the trip/expedition/trek.
– Any tax/entry fee imposed by the Govt. budget, Administration, or new policy.
– On Expeditions, at Base Camp, ration and equipment equally distributed among the climbers for load ferry.
– All Technical Gears will be UIAA Certified. Any loss/damage will be charged @1.5 times of actual value to cover up shipping and custom duties OR you can arrange by you
– No show and trek changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable
– In case extra day is utilized, an additional amount would be charged on the spot.
– Our team reserves the right to change the plan/itinerary in case there is danger involved.
– Any additional costs due to weather/unforeseen situations, cost of rescue will have to be borne by the climber/you.
– Carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t wish to carry it, you can give it to the porter, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay extra on the basis of per day per bag.
– Extreme Himalayan Trips, Treks, and Tours require a good amount of physical fitness, stamina and endurance so prepare accordingly.
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund to be provided. Participant has to bear all the costs beyond.
For any further clarifications ask during bookings.