from 0 review
-10 to 25°C
June to October
Yunam Peak lies in Zanskar range within Trans Himalayas and to the north of Great Himalaya and south of Ladakh range. What this means is, from the summit you can see a vast stretch of Lahaul and Spiti area including Chandra-Bhaga (CB peaks) and Mulkila range peaks facing south – south west and Zanskar range peaks to your east, north east.
Manali is a famous tourist destination & hub of adventure sports in India. This Himalayan town is situated 2,000 meters above sea level on the banks of Beas river. Manali is a gateway to Lahaul and Spiti as well as Leh-Ladakh. Yunam Peak Expedition levels up your adrenaline rush.
Nearest Railway Station: There is no close rail-head available close to Manali. The nearest broad gauge rail-heads are at Kiratpur Sahib 268 km, Kalka 275 km, Chandigarh 310 km.
Region: Lahaul, Himachal Pradesh
Route: via traditional route
Duration: 7 Days
Hike: 25 km approx
Altitude: 6111 m | 20,100 Ft.
Best Time: June to Sept
Trip Begin: Manali.
Trip End: Manali.
ATM: Manali & Jispa
* 10 am | briefing/orientation about Expedition, check list
* Shop/Rent essentials at Manali
* 12 noon, Drive 95 km, 4-5 hours
* Check-in & rest. Phone network available
* Drive 90 km, 5 hours, via Baralacha La 4850 m
* spend one hour at Baralacha with a height gain hike
* arrive by afternoon, establish camp
* Practice Mountaineering techniques like ascend and descend techniques, gear up, rope fixing & rope up, team arrest & self arrest.
* overnight stay at camps
* post breakfast, acclimatization
* difficult for inexperienced trekkers
* load ferry to summit camp
* Drink good amount of water, keep body hydrate
* work high sleep low
IMP: Traveling from lower altitude to a high altitude may cause problems like headaches, loss of appetite & nausea until your body acclimatizes to the changed environmental conditions. Keeping this in mind, this day of the Yunam Peak Expedition is reserved to get used to the weather conditions at this high altitude. Sitting and sleeping in the camp is not advisable.
* start early and establish summit camp
* 5 km, 5 hours, establish camps
* relaxing & sleeping during daytime is not advisable
* overnight stay at camps
* Prepare for summit, rest
* hydrate yourself
* know about summit day
* height gain & revision of techniques
* sleep early, dinner
* wake at 1 am, breakfast and start by 2 am.
* Moraines & sharp rocks, snow patches and a snow wall with a steep ascent
* 6 km trek, 7-8 hrs. | 3-4 liters water per climber
* view from the top is jaw-dropping
* Pinnacles of CB - Chandra-Bhaga Range and Mulkila Range
* back to Camp and rest
Note: Leader will decide by analyze weather and other situation
* final day of the Yunam Peak Expedition
* 5 km trek, 2 hrs, drive to Manali, 175 km 7-8 hr
* reach Manali by 6 pm, drop at Volvo Stand Manali
* Plan your further travel after 8 pm
– Please take care of your belongings, we are not responsible for any loss/damage.
– Trekker has to carry his/her backpack by own if someone requires a off-loading or personal porter, ask while bookings so we can arrange accordingly. Charges extra.
Yunam Peak Expedition is trekking peak so you have to be with good physical fitness. It requires high altitude trekking experience upto 4200 meters. You can gain your physical fitness with workouts & breathing sessions. This expedition goes upto 6,111M there’s altitude gain for that you need to have strong lungs. Also your body needs to be active in such high altitude weather.
Firstly, start by jogging 4-5 days a week. Start jogging at a slow pace and keep increasing day by day. This will make your lungs stronger than before hence cardiovascular endurance exercises are very important. Running, Cycling & strength building exercises will help to you gain a good physical fitness. Calculate your BMI
Don’t forget to carry proper clothing, keep hydrated, stay warm to acclimatize properly.
We totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully.
In case of any unforeseen weather conditions, government restrictions, road blockage or any other unavoidable circumstances beyond our control, certain activities during the expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary.
In such cases, we will try our best to provide an alternate feasible activity or a voucher will be handed over (in case of cancellation or rescheduling of event) to you.
However no cash refund will be provided for the same. In case the trip is cancelled by us for lack of minimum number of people in the batch, you will get a full refund. Also, if you have opted for a trek insurance, rentals, off-loading & other activities the amount will not be refunded. In partial payment system, booking amount is Non-Refundable in any case.
All refunds will be processed back to the same bank account or the credit card account from which the amount has been paid. The amount for refund will be processed within 10 working days. Refund amount would always be calculated basis the net amount paid* for booking of the event & the Base Price of the event (excluding all additional services transport, rent, portage, etc.). Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking.
Itineraries are based on information available at the time of planning and are subject to change. “Heaven Riders India” reserves the right to change expedition dates, people or itineraries as conditions warrant. If a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision, the cost of delays and/or other changes are the responsibility of the participant. HRI reserves the right to decline, or accept, any individual as a trip member for any reason whatsoever.
– STRICTLY NO LITTERING take belongings back
– Carry original and copy of valid ID
– Insurance is mandatory & it’s participants responsibility
– Participants should be 15+ years old.
– Leader’s decision is final, and will have to be followed by all the climbers
– Behave well with staff and respect locals, their beliefs & rituals
– consumption of alcohol and smoking is prohibited during the trip/expedition/trek.
– Any tax/entry fee imposed by the Govt. budget, Administration, or new policy.
– On Expeditions, at Base Camp, ration and equipment equally distributed among the climbers for load ferry.
– All Technical Gears will be UIAA Certified. Any loss/damage will be charged @1.5 times of actual value to cover up shipping and custom duties OR you can arrange by you
– No show and trek changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable
– In case reserve day for summit attempt is utilized, an additional amount would be charged.
– Our team reserves the right to change the plan/itinerary in case there is danger involved.
– Any additional costs due to weather/unforeseen situations, cost of rescue will have to be borne by the climber/you.
– Carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t wish to carry it, you can give it to the porter, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay extra on the basis of per day per bag.
– Extreme Himalayan Trips require a good amount of physical fitness, stamina and endurance so prepare accordingly.
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund to be provided. Participant has to bear all the cost beyond.
For any further clarifications ask while bookings.
Leave a Reply