Churdhar Peak Trek leads to the outer Himalayan range’s highest peak. The Himalayan Mountains were astronomically measured by George Everest. Churi-Chandni Dhar is another name for Chur-Dhar (Bangles of snow ridge). The top of Churdhar can be approached from three directions. The most popular is from Sirmaur district’s Nohradhar.
Churdhar Peak is surrounded by a 56-square-kilometer woodland sanctuary, making trekking a pleasurable experience. When the snow melts and the paths are
available, the trek to Churdhar can be done from May to November. The hike takes you through a deep Deodar forest, terraced crops, and Gujjar pastures.
As you leave the forests behind, the last hour of the hike is a moraine walk. The views from the summit are breathtaking. On a clear day, you can see all the way to Badrinath and Kedarnath, the Gangetic basin, the Sutlej River, Shimla, Chail, Kufri, Kasauli.
Churdhar Trek distance is 28 km and if you go to Shirgul Maharaj temple then it’s 32 km both sides from Nohradhar.
CHURDHAR TREK BEST TIME
The ascent and descent of Churdhar are both quite little tough, with steep ascents at the start. These pathways are best in the months of April, May, June, September, October, and early November. Because of the unfavorable temperatures and precipitation, this hike is best done before or after the monsoon season. Never try in winters, it witness lot’s of snowfall in December. January, February and March. Sometimes November also creates problem for trekkers.
During the day, Churdhar trek temperature normally vary from 25 to 15 degrees Celsius, with significantly colder evenings.
WHERE IS CHURDHAR PEAK LOCATED?
Churdhar Peak is the highest peak of Shivalik range, which is outside the himalayas. Churdhar peak height is 12,000 feet above to sea level. From the summit, you will get the panoramic views of Great Himalayas.
Churdhar lies in district Sirmaur of Himachal Pradesh. Nohradhar is the base village and trek starts and ends here.
Churdhar can be approached from two routes; Nohradhar side and Chaupal side. Nohradhar is best suitable for trekker’s coming from Delhi & Chandigarh. Chaupal route is short, however it is far from Delhi-Chandigarh route.
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO REACH CHURDHAR TREK?
Getting to Delhi, India’s capital may be the first and most significant step if you are traveling from any major city in India or from elsewhere. You can reach Delhi using all main forms of transportation, including air, road, and rail.
Or All major modes of transportation connect Chandigarh to the majority of India’s major cities. Trekkers should possibly do a lot of study for their direct form of transportation to ensure a far more pleasant arrival.
HOW TO GET FROM DELHI TO CHANDIGARH
By Air: The nearest airport is Chandigarh International Airport. With regular flights to Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and many other major cities, it is well-linked.
By Road: There are direct routes from Delhi to Chandigarh. Trekkers must either take a bus or hire a private cab. Cab and bus reservations can be made in advance on a variety of websites. Volvo bus is the best and more convenient mode to reach Chandigarh from Delhi, it takes 4 to 5 hours to reach.
By Train: Chandigarh Railway Station is the closest railway station near Chandigarh. Trekkers can take a direct route or go through Delhi because Chandigarh is connected to all main train routes.
Main Routes: Delhi > Chandigarh > Solan > Nohradhar
Note: From Chandigarh, you need to book a Cab to reach Nohradhar ( 132Km & 5hr drive). Also you can board Shimla bus and change another bus to Rajgarh from Solan and from Rajgarh change another bus to Nohradhar. Buses ply on Chandigarh to Shimla and Solan to Rajgarh on regular basis.
You can Book Churdhar Trek with Heaven Riders India, Check out the available dates and slots Churdhar Trek Itinerary
THINGS TO CARRY/TREK ESSENTIALS
The following are some of the items that must be brought to Churdhar Trek. Please keep in mind that if you are planning to trek alone rather than with a group or package, you will need to bring additional camping and cooking supplies.
- T-shirts, trek pants
- Sunglasses with UV protection
2. Warm Cloths
During this trek, at least two to three layers of clothing are required.
- lightweight wind and waterproof jacket, thermals, sun caps, and socks.
- Trekking shoe with good grip
- Toothpaste and brush, liquid soap, Sanitizer, Tissues, Toilet paper
- Sunscreen lotions, hand towel and lip balm are all items to have on hand.
- Power banks and chargers
- Headlamp Torch with spare batteries
- ORS, glucose, energy bars, biscuits, chocolates, dried fruits
7. First Aids
- Essential drug for headaches, stomach distress, and other symptoms of altitude sickness.
- Also keep sprains, band-aids, volini spray.
- consult a registered medical practitioner for more.
ITINERARY FOR CHURDHAR TREK
Day 1: Drive from Chandigarh to Nohradhar (drive) & start trek to Base Camp
Day 2: Trek from Base Camp to Churdhar Peak and return
Day 3: Leave Base Camp & reach Nohradhar by downhill trek & start the drive from Nohradhar to
IMPORTANT KEY POINTS
1. Level of the trek is Easy-Moderate
2. Proper training of the body is required for the hike.
3. The single most critical piece of equipment is shoes. You need good hiking shoes.
4. Acclimatization to high altitudes is essential.
5. Beautiful scenery necessitates the use of good photography equipment as well as an extra battery backup.
6. Take only what you need. Pack light.
7. The backpack should not weigh more than 10 kilograms.
8. Never venture on Churdhar trek alone, always go in groups.
9. Better to hire a guide. Last part of the Churdhar trek is bit tricky, many people lost the way.
HOW TO PREPARE YOURSELF FOR THE CHURDHAR PEAK TREK
Treks might be tough or exhausting, but they’re also a lot of fun & adventure there. If you don’t do any pre-trip training or don’t have a high fitness level then trekking can be a real pain & also no fun.
Trekking preparation may be physically demanding and sweaty, but guess what? You will be the one who will be going to appreciate the stunning results if you are able to reach up to the peak. So here are some recommendations to assist you to enhance your fitness level:
● Walking with a backpack weighing 10 kilograms attached to your back is an excellent technique to tone your legs and body. It increases calorie burning, weight loss, and bodily strength.
● Stair climbing is the best training for high ascents. Make it a part of your workout program.
● Jogging can improve your life and help you live longer by strengthening your lungs. It’s a high-intensity aerobic activity that requires a lot of oxygen to complete. This is a fantastic activity for losing weight and keeping your health in check.
● For increasing balance, squats are the most efficient functional exercise. Legs, thighs, hips, and hamstrings are all stronger as a result of this workout.
● Pull-ups, push-ups, sprints, mountain climbers, burpees, jumping jacks, and a 60-second plank are some of the exercises you can do (3-5 sets each).
● After stair climbing, push your body upstairs for another great cardiovascular workout. This is frequently regarded as the most efficient workout for increasing
strength and power. It also helps a lot to be carrying an 18kg backpack.
● Finally, remember to take care of your body by doing some breathing exercises like Yoga, and Meditation.
● Eat healthy food, remain hydrated, and get adequate rest for the greatest results.
ATM & MOBILE NETWORK IN CHURDHAR PEAK TREK
ATM is available at Nohradhar. But we recommend you to withdraw it from Chandigarh or Rajgarh.
If we talk about the network reception then all major networks work up to Nohradhar, even on Churdhar Peak summit. But remember that signal will be lost during the trek. JIO, Airtel are recommended for Churdhar Trek.
RENTING GEARS IN CHANDIGARH/NOHRADHAR FOR CHURDHAR PEAK TREK
Don’t be concerned a lot, if you haven’t yet purchased trekking equipment. HRI’s team will provide you with all the equipment at Nohradhar like:
1. Trekking Shoe
3. Trekking Backpack
4. Trek Pole
PLACES YOU CAN VISIT AFTER THE CHURDHAR PEAK TREK
1. Dolanji Monastery
Dolanji is a town in Himachal Pradesh, India, near Solan. The Bon Monastery, one of the main tourist attractions in the Sirmour district, is well-known. It is a branch of the Menri Monastery, the world’s second-oldest monastery. It is run by the Yungdrung Bon Monastic Centre and is located 24-25 kilometers from
Kumarhatti on the Narag-Sarahan road. Abbot Lungtok Tenpai Nyima founded the monastery in 1969. The location is regarded as the greatest spot to see Tibetan
culture. Over 200 monks live in this monastery, which has restored the Geshe training curriculum.
Kasauli, situated in the Himalayan Dhauladhar range, is a perfect getaway for people wishing to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Kasauli, formerly a favorite British summer getaway, now houses some of the most wonderfully built colonial-era architectural marvels. Kasauli’s old-fashioned ambiance will delight you at every turn, with misty alleyways, cobbled roads, finely constructed avenues, and flowering gardens.
Kasauli is a fantastic vacation for readers and writers who can find lots of inspiration amidst its pure beauty and tranquil environment, as it is the birthplace of Ruskin Bond. Places to visit in Kasauli:
1. Monkey Point
2. Mall Road
3. Gilbert Trail
4. Sunset Point
5. Christ Church & many more
3. Morni Hills
Morni Hills is a hill station near Haryana, on the borders of Panchkula. It is also a favorite picnic site for locals and visitors alike, as it is Haryana’s lone hill station. The hills rise to a height of 1,220 meters and provide some very breathtaking vistas. Morni Hills is not only a beautiful vista point, but it is also a significant archaeological site, with engravings dating back to the 7th century discovered in the Thakur Dwar Temple.
Morni hills is also a fantastic spot for hiking, paragliding and birdwatching. Wallcreeper, Crested Kingfisher, Bar-tailed Treecreeper, Blue Peafowl, Kalij Pheasant, Red Junglefowl, and other birds are commonly seen here.
4. Shimla & Kufri
Shimla, the Himachal capital as well as the summer capital under the British reign, is a lovely place to visit with your family for a vacation. The steep hilly regions and valleys make it a beautiful tourist destination in India. Various resorts perched atop snow-capped mountains are often bustling with visitors looking to escape the oppressive heat of their hometowns. Places to visit in Shimla:
1. The Ridge, Shimla
2. Jakhoo Hill and Temple
3. Mall Road
4. Kalka-Shimla Railway (UNESCO Heritage site)
5. Christ Church
6. Tara Devi Temple & many more
Kufri is a small hill station in India’s Himachal Pradesh state, located in the Shimla district. On National Highway No. 22, it is 20 kilometers from Shimla. Kufri is
derived from the native language term kufr, which means “lake.”
Kufri Fun World is a great place to visit if you enjoy rides and adventure. It is a children’s amusement park with a variety of fun rides. This park also has the world’s
highest go-kart track, which caters to both children and adults. If you’re visiting Kufri with children, don’t forget to stop at this park. It will undoubtedly be the highlight of your journey.
Chandigarh is known for its serene yet lively atmosphere. Apart from being a clean and serene city, Chandigarh is one of Punjab’s most vibrant cities, with a plethora of amazing malls, clubs, and cafés. The Rock Garden, Sukhna Lake, Le Corbusier Centre, Elante Mall, Timber Trail, Chandigarh Rose Garden, ISKCON Temple, Government Museum and Art Gallery, and Terraced Garden are just a few of the beautiful sites to visit.
THINGS TO DO AFTER CHURDHAR PEAK TREK
1. Paragliding at Morni Hills: Recently the team of BSF has tested the paragliding activity at the Morni Hills at the request of the Shivalik Development Board (SDB). Now tourists can experience the beauty of the region with paragliding also.
2. Adventure Activities at Kasauli: There are various adventure sports available in Kasauli that will give you an ultimate adrenaline rush like camping and adventure activities.
3. Water Sports at Morni Hills: Now tourists can enjoy various water sports activities at the Tikkar Taal Lake ( Morni Hills).
4. Boating at Sukhna Lake, Chandigarh: Sukhna Lake is a reservoir in Chandigarh, amid the foothills of the Himalayas. This place offers a very good boating option. Chandigarh bird park also a good option, it’s close to Sukhna lake.
Note: No entry fee at Sukhna Lake.
“When everything feels like an uphill struggle, think about the view from the top.”
If you’ve any query related to Churdhar Trek or want to add any information, Please feel free to write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org