from 0 review
One of the most magnificent treks in the Indian Himalayas is the Rupin Pass Trek. Every day is like a postcard, full of surprises. The Rupin Pass waterfall offers breathtaking views from 13,000 feet, leaving trekkers speechless. Every day, the panorama varies, which is why the walk is at the top of everyone’s bucket list.
You start the trek from a tranquil village Dhaula in Uttarakhand and the trek in Sangla valley of Kinnaur. The trek takes through the serene villages of Sewa known for its Shiva Temple then Jhakha (also known as the hanging villages) because it is located at the edge of a cliff. The trekkers and adventurers will be astonished to see the ever-changing landscapes from verdant meadows with wildflowers, dense jungles thundering waterfalls to the thrilling pass cross, The Rupin Pass.
The best time to do the Rupin Pass Trek is May to June and September. The trek also shows you the cultural difference between the two states Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
Heaven Riders India offers you an opportunity to conquer the Rupin Pass trek. The trip starts from Dehradun and ends at ‘Sangla’.
• Altitude:- Dhaula 5,200 ft
• Meeting Point ISBT Dehradun, 6am
• 10 hour drive to Dhaula from Dehradun
• arrive Dhaula, Tea & snacks, meet the team
• enjoy the evening, followed by dinner
The team will welcome you by 6 am at ISBT Dehradun and get ready to board for Dhaula. It is a tranquil village in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. There are a dozen of homes in this small himalayan village adorned with lush woods and mountain slopes. Take a stroll around and spend the night in the local home stay in Dhaula. We will begin the trek next morning with yummy breakfast.
• Altitude:- 5,200ft to 6,300ft
• 9Km, 6-7 hr trek, greet kids
• initially moderate trail, short climbs & drops
• Enough water on the way, refill from Rupin river
• experience the rich culture of himalayan village
Today you will be starting the trek early morning. The trail from Dhaula to Sewa is pretty easy except some climbs and drops where you will find lot of apricot trees and dense jungle.
Small water streams will pass by which give the trekkers some kind of refreshment. Refill your water bottles from Rupin river. Local kids greets you with 'Namastey'.
Once you reach Sewa, you will find an ancient Shiva temple at the heart of the village that opens once every 12 years to welcome the locals visiting God. Do visit the temple, this temple is looks like Kinnaur style architecture and return.
Soup & dinner would be served.
• Altitude: - 6,300ft to Jiskun 8,700ft
• 8 km, 6-7 hr trek
• Carry sufficient water from Sewa, refill at Jakha
• initial 3hr easy, 2hr challenging ascent to Jiskun
• several stream crossings on trail
The trek to the village Jiskun is not an easy one, but somewhere between moderate to challenging. The climb is rewarding. It is a surprising trail blessed with potato and barley fields. Eventually you will find yourself amidst the dense jungle with deodar and walnut trees.
Today you will be crossing several streams and you will be welcomed by a Iron bridge that flows over Rupin river. The trail to Jiskun is a challenging one after crossing a stream. Overnight in home stay with followed by dinner.
• Altitude: - 8,700ft to 11,500ft
• 10 Km, 7 hr trek
• carry sufficient water, Refill from Rupin
• Jakha is highest & last village on trek
• initially steep ascent, gradual-easy walk
Today we will be trekking through deep gorge, dense forests , meadows and wooden bridges and forests. Hanging village of Jhakha will be seen, and Jhakha can be spotted through forests located high up on a mountain.
The Rupin pass trail will surely surprise you as you will walk through wildflowers carpeted with rhododendron all around. The walk through the endless meadows of Dhanteras Thatch of this trail will level up your adrenaline rush.
The thundering river awaits, the climb gets steeper. You have to cross the river carefully. Overnight camp stay at Buraskandi.
• Altitude: - 11,500ft to 13,200 ft
• 4 Km, 4 hr trek
• carry sufficient water, Refill at streams
• Moderate continuous climb, ascend slowly
• acclimatize walk, work high sleep low, drink liquids
Today you will get to witness the infamous high altitude Rupin Pass. It will be a challenging day, so we will start the trek after early breakfast. The trail will give you a good dose of adrenaline rush as you will be coming across snow slopes, cliffs, massive waterfalls. Entering into the
upper waterfall campsite is like entering into a new world.
Get your cameras ready to take scintillating snaps of the lower waterfall. You will feel elated because the Upper waterfall campsite is waiting for you at the top. The trekkers will leave the treeline far below and the landscapes turn into frozen landscapes embellished with black snow capped mountains all around.
Enjoy the evening with tea & hot snacks. Dinner will be served. Stay in camps.
• Altitude: 13,200ft - 15,200ft - 13,300ft
• 10 Km, 10-11 hr trek
• start early morning
• carry sufficient water, Refill completely
• Steep climb till Rupin Pass, steep descent down
The most challenging day is today, crossing Rupin Pass. Climbing the pass will not be cakewalk, it needs mountaineering skills. Be careful while climbing the Pass, icy climb to the saddle shaped Rupin Pass.
Once you reach the top, you will feel so elated. Relax and take pictures of astonishing himalayan views.
Witness the 360-degrees of the mountain ranges and on the other side the Kinner Kailash range and many more. After crossing the pass, there is a steep descent followed by jaw
dropping meadows of Ronti Gad.
On arrival Tea & snacks would be served. Camp stay at Ronti Gad, followed by hot dinner.
• Altitude: 13,300ft to 8,776ft
• 12 Km, 6 hr trek
• carry sufficient water, Refill at villages
• moderate-steep descend till Sangla
The trek from Ronti gad to Sangla is a steep descent. The photographers will enjoy the beauty of the Kinnaur ranges and keeping themselves busy with their camera. Slowly, you
will find yourself heading towards civilization as we pass through green pastures of land, fields of grazing lands, village farms and orchards and old stone houses. In the
afternoon, our team will give you refreshments after a tiring journey.
We will reach Sangla in 6-7 hours and will drop you to the Sangla town. You can book your tickets for your return journey and plan the schedule according to your convenience.
You can eat at Sangla bus stand, and last bus to Shimla leaves at 5pm in the evening or you can stay there at you own cost and spend a night at Sangla.
Note: Please spare a buffer day in case we stuck in bad weather conditions or some other. Buffer day not in the package. Pay on the Spot.
In nature, the Rupin Pass Trek is regarded as a moderate-difficult trek. The trail ascends to a height of over 15,000 feet. There is a significant altitude climb, from Dhaula (5,200ft) to 15,200ft, which necessitates the use of very powerful lungs. The most significant thing is that you have two high-altitude moderate trekking experiences, such as Hampta Pass and Sar Pass.
The Rupin Pass Trek necessitates a high level of cardiovascular endurance. And you might be wondering how to strengthen your lungs. To begin, go for a jog every day. Begin jogging slowly and gradually increase your speed. As a result, cardiovascular endurance exercises are highly vital for making your lungs stronger than before.
Remember to bring appropriate clothing, remain hydrated, and stay warm to properly acclimate.
We totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully.
In case of any unforeseen weather conditions, government restrictions, road blockage or any other unavoidable circumstances beyond our control, certain activities during the expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary.
In such instances, we will do our utmost to find an alternative activity or offer you with a voucher (in the case of event cancellation or rescheduling).
However, there would be no financial refund for the same. You will receive a full refund if the trip is cancelled by us due to a lack of a minimum number of individuals in the batch. Additionally, if you purchased trip insurance, rentals, off-loading, or other activities, you will not receive a refund. The booking cost is non-refundable in any case while using the partial payment mechanism.
All refunds will be sent to the same bank account or credit card account that was used to make the purchase. Within 10 working days, the refund amount will be completed. The amount of the refund will always be computed based on the net amount paid* for the event booking and the Base Price of the event. (excluding all additional services transport, rent, portage, etc.). Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking. For more info : Terms & Condition
Itineraries are subject to change and are dependent on information available at the time of preparation. As conditions permit, “Heaven Riders India” retains the right to change expedition dates, people, or itinerary. The cost of delays and/or other changes is the responsibility of the participant if a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision. For any reason, HRI reserves the right to refuse or accept any individual as a tour member.
– STRICTLY NO LITTERING take belongings back
– Carry original and copy of valid ID
– Insurance is mandatory for all
– Participants should be 15+ years old.
– Leader’s decision is final, and will have to be followed by all the climbers
– Behave well with staff and respect the locals & also their beliefs & rituals
– consumption of alcohol and smoking is prohibited during the trip/expedition/trek.
– Any tax/entry fee imposed by the Govt. budget, Administration, or new policy.
– On Expeditions, at Base Camp, ration and equipment equally distributed among the climbers for load ferry.
– All Technical Gears will be UIAA Certified. Any loss/damage will be charged @1.5 times of actual value to cover up shipping and custom duties OR you can arrange by you
– No show and trek changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable
– In case reserve day for summit attempt is utilised, an additional amount would be charged.
– Our team reserves the right to change the plan/itinerary in case there is danger involved.
– Any additional costs due to weather/unforeseen situations, cost of rescue will have to be borne by the climber/you.
– Carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t wish to carry it, you can give it to the porter, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay extra on the basis of per day per bag.
– Extreme Himalayan Trips require a good amount of physical fitness, stamina and endurance so prepare accordingly.
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund to be provided. Participant has to bear all the cost beyond.
For any further clarifications ask while bookings
Leave a Reply