The Hampta Pass Trek with Chandratal Lake is a spectacular Trans Himalayan cross-over trek that will take your breath away with dramatic and rapid changes in scenery.
Before we get into the details of this trek, let’s have a look at what Hampta Pass Trekking is all about. The trek begins at the Jobra campground, which is perched at a height of over 14,000 feet and surrounded by the majestic Himalayas. From here, one will pass through a variety of woodlands. The next campsite is Jwara, which is decorated with a carpet of flowers in a short wildflower meadow at the valley’s meeting point. The drama on the ground will welcome you with open arms.
From a lush verdant valley to a bleak, freezing desert. Balu Ka Ghera is the next campsite after crossing Jwara, followed by Shea Goru, the desert oasis. Chandratal Lake is a must-see destination. No other trip will provide views of snow-capped Himalayan peaks and a stunning blue water lake like Hampta Pass. When you enter Lahaul via Hampta Pass, your entire experience and perspective change.
Heaven Riders India offers you the chance to trek across Hampta Pass and visit Chandratal Lake in Lahaul and Spiti. The journey begins and ends in Manali, one of the most well-known tourist destinations in the world.
• Altitude: Chika 10,100ft
• 10am: Pick from Upper side, mall Road, Manali
• Manali to Jobra is a 2-hour drive
• Jobra to Chika is a 2-kilometer, which means a 1hour trek.
• Enough water through the trail
• Easy to Moderate trail.
• Pick, Transfer/Travel/taxi, Lunch, Dinner, Trek Lead, Guide, Camp Stay included
It takes 2 hours to drive from Manali to Jobra. The 42 hairpin twists to the last road head are an important feature of the route. Manali sits at a height of 6,700 feet above sea level. It's an excellent spot to acclimate before beginning the trek. You will reach a height of 10,100 feet on the first day.
The hike begins at the Allain Guhugal Hydel Project Junction on foot. A variety of trees, such as maple, deodar, and oak, can be found while crossing the main route. The view is very stunning. Trekkers would be greeted by a beautiful vegetation meadow after 20 minutes of trekking. Between the meadow and the Rani nallah is the Rani nallah.
The trekkers would be taken aback by the bizarre sight of a few sheep and cows grazing in the field. You rise up the hill on the left side of the meadow as you cross it. At the further end of the broad field, Chika can be found.
This path is very picturesque and features a large green stretch. With the Rani River flowing, pithing the tents is a breeze.
• Altitude: 11,900ft Balu Ka Ghera
• 8.5Km, 6hr trek
• Moderate trail, gradual ascent
• Enough water on the way
• On the way, there's a river crossing, a boulder walk, and some brightly
colored small flowers.
• Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Trek Lead, Guide, Camp Stay included
This trail leads to rocky terrain with a sloping incline. The elevation is gentle, and the majestic Dhauladhar range can be seen in the distance. When one gets a glance at the Indrasan Peak, it is worth drooling over. The panorama becomes fairytale-like, and the grade progressively rises until you reach Jwara Nala. The River Crossing is the most thrilling part. The river crossing is not for the faint of heart, since it necessitates extreme caution. So, on this day, you'll have to cross two rivers: one at Chika Campsite and another near Jwara.
For adventurers, this is an exciting and magnificent time as you must open your shoes because the water level will reach your knee. After crossing the river, you will also experience numbness in your feet owing to the incredibly cold water.
• Altitude: 14,100ft Hampta Pass, 12,900ft Shea Goru
• 7 km, 10hr trek
• Getting water is difficult, it will depend on the snow conditions
• A steady incline for the first hour, then a steep ascent to the pass
• From the Pass, it takes around 2 hours to descend steeply and 1 hour to walk
flat to the campsite
• It is the coldest location of the Hampta Pass Trek
• Remain in the tent and rest.
• Breakfast, Pack Lunch, Dinner, Trek Lead, Guide, Camp Stay included
Because Hampta Valley is a tiny valley, there are tremendous contrasts in scenery. Because the valley is funnel-shaped and stays that way until the very end of the climb to Chhatru, the environment is extremely rich. Trekkers are ecstatic on this day because it is the descending portion, i.e. the descent to the Shea Goru Camp.
The Indrasan Peak, Mt. Deo Tibba, and the massive glacier can all be seen from Hampta Pass. It will take around 8 hours to reach Shea goru, with a moderate ascent. Prepare yourself for the descent because it is slick and full of rocks and loose soil. While crossing the pass, this can be tough on your knees, therefore it's best to walk.
• Altitude: 11,000ft
• 7Km, 5hr trek
• Gradual descent on the moraine
• On day 4 or 5, drive to Chandratal (depends on road and weather conditions)
• Back to Chhatru Camp from Chandratal lake, dinner
• Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Trek Lead, Guide, Chandratal Visit by vehicle, Camp Stay included
Everyone's favorite camping is Shea Goru. The contrast can be seen in the scenery. It's Lahaul's magnificent barren valley. Not only that, but the inclusion of a wildflower and a small stream passing by adds to the ethereal quality of the scene. Every mountain lover's fantasy scenery, with such gorgeous sceneries, drives trekkers and nature enthusiasts insane.
The entire panorama of Hampta Pass is dominated by the Lahaul and Spiti ranges, as well as the Pir-Panjal Range. Trek to the Chhatru campground. If the roads are passable, you can bike to Chandratal Lake, which is around 41 kilometers away and takes 2 hours to arrive. Every one of us has heard of Ladakh's Pangong Lake.
The lake at Chandratal is absolutely magnificent and equally lovely. Drive to the Chandratal Lake in the Lahaul and Spiti area, which is a stunning emerald blue lake. It's the cherry on top of the cake because of the brilliant colours of the lake and the desert mountain. Later, return to Chhatru for the night. Chandratal is not where we will be staying. I'm merely a participant in the Hampta Pass Trek with Chandratal Lake.
• Drive to Manali via Atal Tunnel, Solang Valley
• Drop by 3pm either at Mall Road or Private Volvo Stand.
• Breakfast, Transfer to Manali/Taxi, drop at Manali included
• Services end here.
The drive from Chhatru is breathtakingly beautiful. Witness magnificent views of Rohtang Pass, other mountain ranges, and Kullu and Manali's little hamlets. The final day will be a quiet day, and the five lavish adventurous days in Himachal Pradesh will come to a close.
In nature, the Hampta Pass Trek with Chandratal Lake is regarded as a moderate trek. The trail ascends to a height of over 14,100 feet. There is a significant altitude gain, from Jobra to Jwara (9,800ft to 11,000ft), which necessitates the use of very powerful lungs.
The Hampta Pass trip necessitates a high level of cardiovascular fitness. And you might be considering how to strengthen your lungs? To begin, go for a jog every day. Begin jogging slowly and gradually increase your speed. As a result, cardiovascular endurance exercises are highly vital for making your lungs stronger than before.
Remember to bring appropriate clothing, remain hydrated, and stay warm to properly acclimate.
NO REFUND SHALL BE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE BOOKING AMOUNT FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS. HOWEVER, we totally understand that unforeseen circumstances might need you to change plans, and so HRI cancellation policy makes it easier to do that. Please read them very carefully.
No cancellations will be taken over call or whats app msg. Please reply to the email of payment receipt that you have received at the time of booking.
In case of government restrictions, bad weather, protests, landslides, road blockage, administrative ban, lockdown, strike or any other unforeseen circumstances which is beyond our control, certain activities during the trek/trip/expedition or the event itself may be cancelled/skipped, or there could be change in the itinerary.
In such instances, we will do our utmost to find an alternative (in the case of event cancellation or rescheduling).
However, there would be no financial refund for the same. You will receive a full refund if the trip is cancelled by us due to a lack of a minimum number of individuals in the batch. Additionally, if you purchased trip insurance, rentals, off-loading, or other activities, you will not receive a refund. The booking amount is non-refundable in any case.
If a trek or trip or expedition cannot be completed due to natural calamity/unforeseen circumstances beyond our control (bad weather conditions like rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, road block, ban, strike, bandh, etc.). No refund would be provided.
Any extra expense coming due to any natural calamity/bad weather/unforeseen circumstances (rain, snowfall, earthquake, landslides, strike, ban, road block, bandh, extra stay, food, transportation or taxi cost etc.), Will be borne by customer on the spot. Company will not be liable.
All refunds will be sent to the same bank account or credit card account or UPI that was used to make the purchase. Within 10 working days, the refund amount will be completed. The amount of the refund will always be computed based on the net amount paid for the event booking and the Base Price of the event. (Excluding all additional services transport, rent, porterage, etc.).
Any voucher issued would not include the service tax amount paid while making the booking. For more info: Terms & Condition
Itineraries are subject to change and are dependent on information available at the time of preparation. As conditions permit, “Heaven Riders India” retains the right to change expedition dates, people, or itinerary. The cost of delays and/or other changes is the responsibility of the participant if a trip must be delayed or the itinerary changed due to bad weather, road conditions, transportation delays, government intervention, airline schedules, sickness, or other contingency for which HRI or its agents cannot make provision. For any reason, Team HRI reserves the right to refuse or accept any individual as a tour member.
– STRICTLY NO LITTERING take belongings back
– Carry original and copy of valid ID.
– Insurance is mandatory for all.
– Participants should be 15+ years old along with a parent & written consent.
– Leader’s decision is final, and will have to be followed by all the climbers.
– Behave well with staff and respect the locals & also their beliefs & rituals.
– consumption of alcohol and smoking is prohibited during the trip/expedition/trek.
– Any tax/entry fee imposed by the Govt. budget, Administration, or new policy.
– On Expeditions, at Base Camp, ration and equipment are equally distributed among the climbers for load ferry.
– All Technical Gears will be UIAA Certified. Any loss/damage will be charged @1.5 times of actual value to cover up shipping and customs duties OR you can arrange by you
– No show and trek changes/cancellation due to bad weather or natural calamity will be non-refundable
– In case extra day is utilized, an additional amount would be charged on the spot.
– Our team reserves the right to change the plan/itinerary in case there is danger involved.
– Any additional costs due to weather/unforeseen situations, cost of rescue will have to be borne by the climber/you.
– Carry your personal luggage on your own, if you don’t wish to carry it, you can give it to the porter, but you have to inform us in advance and have to pay extra on the basis of per day per bag.
– Extreme Himalayan Trips, Treks, and Tours require a good amount of physical fitness, stamina, and endurance so prepare accordingly.
– In case of bad health, sickness/illness, AMS the participant would be sent back and no refund to be provided. Participant has to bear all the costs beyond.
For any further clarifications ask during bookings